Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Always check your artwork !!!
    By mrs maggot in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 01:00 PM
  2. Sold Vinyl cutting machine, Flat bed heat press, Rolls of Vinyl, Cutting software+ more
    By Danni06 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-08-2012, 10:14 PM
  3. Artwork
    By mfarmt85 in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
  4. Vw camper van artwork
    By JOSI74 in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 13-08-2011, 10:03 PM
  5. Artwork prices
    By kris_hm in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: artwork for viny cutting

Hi Mandy - an interesting free program which I use for tracing logos and the like is 'Inkscape' which you can obtain from http://www.filehippo.com

To trace something you select the image which can be jpg, bmp, gif, plus plenty of others, then go to [Paths], and choose [Trace Bitmap] option. There are a few options which can be selected from the dialogue box to help in improving the final trace. Inkscape will trace colour images as well as mono. The result can be saved in a number of formats including .eps which some cutting software prefers. My own developing website is http://www.PhoenixGraphix.co.uk In the gallery are a few jobs I have been involved in and some of those cuts are ones that I have developed. The trucks belonging to KTC, I photographed the logo on one of their other trucks using a digital camera, then used Inkscape to develop the logo/graphic. As for specific fonts, unless you have the time to compare an original with the thousands available, you are better off asking the customer what lettering they use.

A couple of other sites you may like to look at:

http://seeklogo.com logos
    http://brandsoftheworld.com logos
    http://abstractfonts.com fonts

Mal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - continuing development project

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting, had a look at your site and if you have used the software with these I will certainly have a look at it as I have yet again the same problem with Corel and I can't use it, it constantly closed down during a job and occasionally shits the pc down too, it really is frustrating.
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to let you know I have downloaded it so I will attempt to use it later today, Thanks.
    I forgot to ask..does it work with the Craft Robo?
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mandy,

I cannot answer that at the moment as I do not have a craft robo - my cutter is a Roland Camm-1 24". For cutting vinyl I use Easysign V.5 which is a professional signwriting software. Vinyl cutters are usually vector cutters and the software required, even its own basic software, usually has an import option to import .eps (encapsulated postscript) files.

For dye-sub I use either Photoshop PS2 or Easysign. Inkscape is what I mostly use to make a vector cuttable graphic from .jpg files from the digi-camera.

Mal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mandy again - I have just looked on the graphtec website (who make craft robo) and had a look at one of their manuals. The files craft robo require are .dxf (Autocad format) files. Inkscape will save images in .dxf format. So you just load in your .jpg, .bmp, .tif, .gif, or whatever and vectorise it using the [Path], [Trace Bitmap] dialogs, then save it as a .dxf file. Your Robo Master software should load the .dxf file.

Hope I have been of help.

Mal.