Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Always check your artwork !!!
    By mrs maggot in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 01:00 PM
  2. Sold Vinyl cutting machine, Flat bed heat press, Rolls of Vinyl, Cutting software+ more
    By Danni06 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-08-2012, 10:14 PM
  3. Artwork
    By mfarmt85 in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
  4. Vw camper van artwork
    By JOSI74 in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 13-08-2011, 10:03 PM
  5. Artwork prices
    By kris_hm in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

You know it really gets me when someone walks into my shop and asks me to print just a"simple bog standard logo" when you find out it isn't.

Years ago when I first looked into doing this I WENT ON A BIT A SPY MISSION (NOT TOO LOCAL) to suss out how everyone else works, I was told by all that if I didn't have a standard font etc then the logos had to be a specific file type to cut. Most of my customers just stare at me with a blank look on their face when I ask about the font :x

What do you do? Request a specific file type, charge extra for creating the file (time is money hey)or say nothing?
    I understand that we are not all alike as in our current trading positions and most of you are on line but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who does have a shop or indeed what your thoughts are. (perhaps I should move this part of the post to another section)

Thanks, Mandy
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

I nearly always redraw or trace - if you ask them to supply artwork you'll get a jpeg which is no good.

Your spar logo is easy to redraw or trace

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

I will always ask to see the image before I commit to taking on the job. Most come to us as jpg or just text (some with specific font requirements, others in our choice of font). For the specific fonts if I cannot easily get them I will ask them to supply the font or suggest an alternative. So far I have never had a font requested that I cannot supply. If the file is large enough then even unusual fonts can just be traced instead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

WHEN Corel is behaving we trace too, unfortunately I often have to uninstall corel and then reinstall it to behave which is a pain. I'm not familiar with the re draw so I will have to investigate that now to see if it's better,faster, etc time to get the book out i suppose
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

I always use illustrator for my cutting so can't help with anything Corel related

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

Sorry, I think your misunderstanding my turn of phrase - there's no redraw button, I mean "draw it again" from scratch.

Why's your corel need installing again - i've been using it from version 4 or 5 onwards and never had to reinstall. Is your computer capable of running it or do you have a virus?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

No John, although I can't remember the error message but my pc would crash after receiving the corel error, it also did this about a year ago. (shame i can't remember it) anyway after uninstalling the pc worked fine. I could then reinstall and all would be ok at least till the next time.

Someone did mention to me that there may be something peculiar on my discs as we had problems installing them on 2 other pcs
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

i have had this recently and not found corel very helpful, as on the last re-install our codes will not go in, they have helpfully suggested we upgrade to X4 we currently run X3 - what a PITA
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

Thats interesting, my feedback was only "we do not support this version" or words of, sorry to hear you have had probs too but I am glad I am not the only one. Thought I was going bonkers with the corel software!
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artwork for viny cutting

yeah, i think its pretty shoddy given the costs involved, but then i have to think everythime i sell something - put 50p aside ready to purchase software :lol:
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura