Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper
    By Volusian in forum Clothing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-01-2014, 05:11 PM
  2. Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper
    By frazzle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
  3. Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper
    By bigj2552 in forum Clothing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 01:54 AM
  4. anyone keep dark tshirt transfer paper in?
    By fredster in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-10-2010, 04:05 PM
  5. dark tshirt transfer paper
    By fredster in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-09-2010, 11:56 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OBM Dark Textile Transfer Paper

Does anyone know how this copes under washing machine and conditions, what should I recommend to the customers. Has any one done a test on these

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have been using OBM for over 15 years and IMHO it is absolutely the best dark laser transfere paper.
    It does wash very well, but like all prints, less washing is better than more washing.....
    40c is just fine, but modern enzime powder works just as well at 30c, and the print preferes it.
    I think all printed tops last better if washed outside in.
    If the print area is small - cutout brest logo I think you can get away with just about anythging, but for full A4/A3 then avoid tumble drying!
    OBM is more critical to following the instructions exactly to get good wash results.
    We do the 130/140c option. Make sure the press is good and hot first, pre press for 20 sec, then press for full 20sec on a medium pressure so the thermal adhesive gets fully activated. I cover the T and print/release paper with a piece of glass or a clothing catalogue for upto a minute before cold peeling. It should wash well forever.
    Dark laser transfers are more printer critical than white trasnfers, ..... Make sure you use the thickest paper setting so it goes through the fuser unit as slow as possible so it gets fused as well as possible. If you have a lightweight tabletop printer and work from a cold shed, pre warm the obm on top of your press, and if you are doing a batch, give your small printer a moment between each sheet so the fuser can fully heat up. If you have a heavyweight printer like a xerox DC12 you can bang a hundred sheets through consecutively.
    the reason I mention this is to ensure that the toner is perfectly bonded to the obm media, before you perfectly bond the obm media to the garment.
    If you are going to trim obm, make sure you have good quality sharp scissors!
    Finally, the nature of the relaese paper dictates the final touch/feel/texture of the print.The supplied release paper is good, but I actually prefere the silicoln baking sheet sold at wilkinsons for £1 for a 5m roll. Make sure you get the silicon based paper and not greaseproof paper.....
    Not only is OBM giving the best results, but it is the easiest and fastest, some of the other dark laser products are such a faff and I have never got the predictable great results.
    In order for you to honestly give known advice about your products, you need to wear. wash and experience them yourself. I print up all my own uniforms, but also print the insides with research products so they too can go through the wear wash cycle.
    I print up samples, and keep a hole punch by my washing machine. Each time it comes out I punch a hole, and chuck it back in again.....
    OBM is a great product!
    imho
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for that I use OBM but nothing that goes through a wash cycle, the product is easy to use and looks good when its done, it just some one wants embroidery and printing on the back, Once again for that lengthy piece

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need to use the softpad they sell or is it ok to just use silicone paper?

Thanks

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgibbs View Post
    Do you need to use the softpad they sell or is it ok to just use silicone paper?

Thanks

Mark
    With OBM I've just used silicon... but peal remove the silicon sheet when the image is cool. Sometimes removing it warm can take some of the laser toner with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Martin

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OBM can be done at 180c with softpad, - but actually works better at 130 to 140c without, - just supplied silicon paper - not too much pressure, pre press cold peel.
    If you get any residue, - less pressure and drop heat a bit, sheet says 140c but tec support prefers 130c.
    Great for union flags this week!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK