Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. What settings
    By A11kns in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 10:33 PM
  2. print settings
    By Gtphotos in forum Software
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-10-2014, 03:00 PM
  3. color settings
    By ADP in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-03-2013, 08:05 PM
  4. Epson S22 Settings
    By davebridgewater in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-01-2013, 05:02 PM
  5. colour settings
    By bigj2552 in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-04-2012, 11:28 PM
    Philspectrum

what settings for a DF-180

HI,
    we have run a DF-180 for 2 years, - and have experimented endlessly with settings to the point where we don't know what the standard settings should be.
    I accept that all presses will differ a little, but wonder what settings you use for best results ?
    thanks
    phil

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

200 temp unfortunately as my wrap is on its way out i have to do 2 mins with handle to the right and two mins with handle to the left.

Prior to that it was 3 mins.
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normal settings should be, e.g. an idle temp of 110, an operating temp of 180 and a time of 150. Preferences may mean you set different end time, but don't put the idle temp above 110.

I know a company that uses laser transfer and has the settings of 110,180 and 15 (yes 15 seconds) to transfer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh I wouldn't even get a shadow of one! Be nice to do a mug in 15 secs
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a mug in 15 secs
    Yes, but don't forget it takes some time to go from 110 idle temp to 180 degrees in the first place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJLA
    Gosh I wouldn't even get a shadow of one! Be nice to do a mug in 15 secs
    I once did some testing with laser transfer paper (The Magic Touch stuff) on a mousemat and, once the press was hot, it was about 5-10 seconds for a good press. That was it. Quite phenomenal.

However, when the high cost of the paper is taken into account, you're not saving anything over dye-sub and dye-sub does give a better "feel" to it.

I also tried some of their other paper for mugs, but never got a good result (probably didn't have the right printers, although both were listed on their site as "ok" to "good").

High cost and lack of success kind of put me off the idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: what settings for a DF-180

Hi,
    I started this thread as Philspectrum but couldn't log in nor request a new password so am back as logobear (Hi)
    After posting this thread I dug out the instruction book. We replaced the blanket on x-mas eve, - it lasted since 2 jan so about a year, - or maybe 600 mugs, and cost £65 - is that normal ?
    instruction book says
    Sf 100
    Sp 190
    time ..... - we set to 20 with a new blanket, - and I am happy with the results. I am very surprised at the extreme times quoted, - and the suggestion you need more time with an old element. I thought a watt was a watt ?

Finally, - interested to hear DF 180 can be used with laser transferes.
    We also do laser mugs with a halogen clamp and press, - cheaper to produce, but not quite as nice, and with a higher failure rate. I understand that laser transferes NEED to be clamped very tightly, - how can you do this with the CF 180 ?
    We are using ORCA coated mugs, are these ok?
    Phil (spectrum/logobear)
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martin and I never agree on this press, it seems to be dependant on press its self, we haev one that is set 100 , 190 & 15 secs and we print 1000's of mugs in it, we tried to buy more and use the same way but it didn't work.

Ceratinly the idle temp is important, it dosen't want to be too high as it ruins the wraps, I woudl go further and say you need to use the equipment in a structured manner, turn it on when you are ready to print eg paper is stuck to you whole batch of mugs, it my mind it should never be left for more than a few seconds without a mug in it and turned off as soon as you have finished.

Our wraps last up to 5000 mugs, but we NEVER let them idle with out a mug in it, we have Adkins Studio presses as well and they need to be treated the same, if you let them idle empty for long poriods, the wraps go quickly.

For any akdins users, please buy your wraps from adkins, they are better value, next day delivery and they are so helpfull. They carry practically every part for every press in stock, we used to buy from the press supplier, but they were £20 more expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logobear
    I started this thread as Philspectrum but couldn't log in nor request a new password so am back as logobear
    I'll take a look into your login issues as soon as I can. I'm away from home right now so if you don't hear from me in the next few days please PM to remind me ;)

Justin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!