Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Sublimation Rolls, sell or swap.
    By Chunk in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-08-2014, 03:16 AM
  2. Free Two rolls of sublimation paper - large format
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-06-2014, 08:35 PM
  3. Neoprene on rolls
    By BobC in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-10-2012, 05:43 PM
  4. Wide rolls of Garment Flock
    By barryslip in forum Clothing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-03-2012, 08:42 PM
  5. Xpres change ordering/delivery criteria
    By Justin in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-06-2011, 07:42 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Rolls of paper ordering

So,
    On Monday, I ordered from a big reputable supplier, two rolls of Jetcol 42 cm sublimation paper, along with some other things.
    On Tuesday, my order shows up, but with 2 rolls of 44 INCH paper. Too big for our printers, and a lot more expensive for the supplier, as we definitely only ordered and paid for the 42 cm.
    I phone them up, they check, they apologise, and organise a courier to come and collect the 44 inch rolls and replace them with the ordered 42 cm rolls.
    So, today (Wednesday) the courier comes, and take away the 2 44 inch rolls, and exchanges them for another 2 44 inch rolls.
    ARGH!
    (He also says that his order book only told him to collect one of them.)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Today, Thuursday, the courier is back (been the same guy each time!) and finally have the paper I wanted, and the massive ones are gone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how very frustrating, hope you catch up with the orders, i hate it when i get behind
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    luckily I was ordering in more stock, as I'd put our final roll on the printer, so time to restock, wasn't expecting it to be such a faff though - from one of the bigger, more established suppliers too. On the phone they said they had some new people in the warehouse, who hadn't had enough training/didn't know what they were doing! ... but this isn't really a training thing - basically they were mixing up centimetres and inches ... this doesn't require any pre-knowledge of our industry. Once, you can put it down as human error, someone in a hurry, etc - but to make the same mistake twice? And with stock that isn't cheap - there is a big difference in price of what I ordered and what I received. If I'd had a bigger printer that would take the delivered rolls I would have been very happy! Equally, if I had known somewhere I could have sold them onto I would have been quite happy too. I am honest though, and just wanted the paper I needed/ordered. But, from the point of view of the company, it could have been a very costly mistake, even as it is, it was a fairly costly mistake to have to send out a courier 3 times (with 3 deliveries and 2 collections) for £40 of paper!