Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Courier problem
    By Karen. in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 11:47 PM
  2. What courier do you use?
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 03:41 PM
  3. Riots - Courier Deliveries
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 08:41 PM
  4. Courier help please
    By Kaz in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Courier Service?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Up
    've found these to be very good

http://www.parcel2go.com/default.aspx

I've used them many times - rates good and all documentation is done online.

John
    I used to use these guys for all my ebay items but now im using them for virtually everything - except small parcels like mugs -doh!

Funny kinda company! even though they deny it, theyre owned by DHL (now) but they seem to push HDNL, which according to their drivers are now owned by DHL as well :geek: they're pushing £5.99+vat HDNL deliveries at the mo and ive sent a heavy parcel, in fact it was a box of mugs back to BMS (I made a boo boo on an order).

Again funny, if you choose DHL to send to Scotland, the Higlands or Northern Ireland, they wont do it and try to charge you around £16.00 for a 2kilo 24x36" package (I send canvas art), but...and heres the trick, when you come to the last but one stage of the order pages, you "add another delivery" to the itinery and hey presto they'll now take your parcel :)

Theyre good for UK deliveries but a total rip off for anything leaving these sun struck isles! :roll: I went to send a canvas print rolled up in a cardboard tube to australia and they wanted £35.00 for it, Fedex was the cheapest, I called my local postie and he got the price as..............£11.00 (or £14.00 signed for), bit of a difference there eh!

for me theyre handy coz they import all of your ebay sales address, it saves so much time. But dont do the DHL "special" unless you have 10 items or more! it may be £4.99+fat but the £10 surcharge soon adds on.

Chars
    Dave.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Courier Service?

The big advantage of using a smaller provider like BMS if it goes wrong you can speak to someone who will actually chase up the problem for you.

Now if anyone wants anything HEAVY collecting/delivered we can probably help, be it a heatpress on a pallet or 100 boxes of mugs.

David

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can this be pinned to the top as its an ongoing offer, i tried finding this post, and ended up paying £16 to have a parcel delivered down to the ExCel today grrr grumble grumble lol
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    can this be pinned to the top as its an ongoing offer, i tried finding this post, and ended up paying £16 to have a parcel delivered down to the ExCel today grrr grumble grumble lol
    There are alternatives to the one offered here. I have p4d (www.p4d.co.uk) bookmarked and use them occasionally when I need a parcel sending anywhere. £6.99+VAT for 48hr DHL (most of which seem to be delivered next day).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers JSR i needed this one guaranteed the next day, so i could not risk it, but i will keep that one in mind, it certainly looks cheap enough
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    cheers JSR i needed this one guaranteed the next day, so i could not risk it, but i will keep that one in mind, it certainly looks cheap enough
    There's a 24hr DHL option, but it's more expensive. I used it this week and it was £10.19+VAT, which is within pennies of the OP's offer. The parcel I was sending was only about 3Kg but to send it next day by Royal Mail would have cost £22 (Royal Mail's Special Delivery is just stupid over 2Kg).

A couple of weeks ago, I had a shipment of mugs to send up to Glasgow. I'm down here in the South East and, although I only paid for 48hr delivery, they were delivered within 23 hours. Not bad going.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are BMS still offering this service? I've tried emailing them but not had a reply yet.
    Cheers Gordon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we are Gordon. Comms been a bit awkward over last couple of days as we were broken into over the weekend and they sliced the phonelines to disable the alarms, smashed the alarm system to pieces so it's been a tad frantic in the last couple of days sorting this out and continuing business as normal. So apologies if emails haven't been answered instantly!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    Yes we are Gordon. Comms been a bit awkward over last couple of days as we were broken into over the weekend ...........
    !!! SHOCK !!!

That's bad news Martin - hope everything gets sorted soon for you all.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    !!! SHOCK !!!

That's bad news Martin - hope everything gets sorted soon for you all.
    Apart from a very busy weekend and working out which pair of telephone wires (out of a severed core of 50 wires) makes the phone line work (x2) - that was fun (not!), then we're back up and functioning pretty well. It's just when the phone lines/ broadband etc don't work after a Sunday of rain getting into the wires then Monday starts late and we play catch up from that point onwards. I think at the end of today we had caught up mostly...phew.