Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper
    By Volusian in forum Clothing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-01-2014, 05:11 PM
  2. Sublimation Dark T-Shirt Transfer paper
    By Seamus in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 08:34 PM
  3. Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper
    By frazzle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
  4. anyone keep dark tshirt transfer paper in?
    By fredster in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-10-2010, 04:05 PM
  5. dark tshirt transfer paper
    By fredster in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Last Post: 25-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper

it says -
    "Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper. Now you can print full colour onto dark garments with Subli-Dark.
    This special sublimation paper is designed for printing onto dark cotton or poly/cotton garments" ( bms)

anyone use this method ?...and what was the end results on cotton ?

and whats the but's ?....there is always a "but"
    Last edited by bigj2552; 23-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be interesting to know here too..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd guess it has a white coating so that the colours can be seen against the black background of the t-shirt - therefore you need to run it through a plotter to cut away the excess white parts or you'll be transfering a white rectangle with your design on onto a black t.
    But I may stand corrected .... I often am ....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahjayne View Post
    I'd guess it has a white coating so that the colours can be seen against the black background of the t-shirt - therefore you need to run it through a plotter to cut away the excess white parts or you'll be transfering a white rectangle with your design on onto a black t.
    But I may stand corrected .... I often am ....
    Yep, pretty much spot on (or some other means of cutting). It's the same principle as subli-flock but with subli-flock you print to paper first and then transfer. Fairly similar in weight on the garment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi martin
    so if i buy this to print on black t shirts, it would leave no white residue as long as i trimmed around it first, have i got that right, as have a customer wanting black t shirts.
    thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @india Yes, simplest way is to imagine cutting a photographic image out that you had printed in the middle of a sheet of white paper to get rid of the white edges. So you will only be pressing the cut out image on to your shirts (face up).
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone already used these sheets? I would live to know quality , durability

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can never get my head around subli dark transfers over just normal inkjet transfer paper
    subli transfer needs to be printed on sublimation paper first then pressed onto the subli transfer paper then pressed again onto the garment
    where as ink jet transfers print on your injet then press onto garment seems a lot less hasstle to me . i dont do a lot of dark transfers except for vynal so maybe im missing something here but it does seem to be over complicating things to get the same results as inkjet transfers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    i can never get my head around subli dark transfers over just normal inkjet transfer paper
    subli transfer needs to be printed on sublimation paper first then pressed onto the subli transfer paper then pressed again onto the garment
    where as ink jet transfers print on your injet then press onto garment seems a lot less hasstle to me . i dont do a lot of dark transfers except for vynal so maybe im missing something here but it does seem to be over complicating things to get the same results as inkjet transfers

does the inkjet transfer not fade quicker after so many wash's brett ?
    i would have thought the dark sub paper would give longer lasting results......should do, the paper aint cheap

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    From a few wash tests I did I would say that it's all about durability buddy.

I tested the subli dark papers with some others a few months ago and it washed very well. The subli papers were very good but so were the Yolo Papers so I stuck with Yolo out of simplicity.

I had these compared to cheap papers found on ebay and other sources - which started to crumble and split after the first couple of washes.
    Last edited by AdamB; 11-08-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: fingers like bratwurst sausages are never meant to speed type!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)