Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Packaging
    By guarddog14 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-04-2015, 07:04 PM
  2. Mug Packaging
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-12-2014, 05:12 PM
  3. Air Sac Mug packaging
    By Justin in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 11:15 AM
  4. Bad packaging
    By twinsgran in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-03-2014, 11:43 PM
  5. Packaging ??
    By Glen Print in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packaging

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Packaging

What do you use for packaging mouse mats, coasters etc? I used to have some small die cut boxes for coasters that looked good and were cheap (need to find the supplier again!) Generally just use clear bags for everything but it would be nice to make the product look that bit better by sourcing decent boxes/bags without adding on a huge extra cost.

Does anyone make their own boxes?

Justin :D
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Packaging

The only box I've made was from a template on the Craft Robo site. Wouldn't be to difficult to change the size and artwork.

Some great stuff to be had here http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...play.php?f=200

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Cheers John, looks like a good site. Pretty sure I could use my Roland Camm-1 to do this but I've never tried.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like most forums, you'll need to sign up and if you want to download files from the Craft obo templates section, you have to make a certain number of posts in the forum to qualify - it's well worth it.

The site is effectively controlled by Graphtec the makes of the Craft Robo.

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to make my own coaster boxes with my CraftRobo but it's too much hassle for items with such little profit in them.

For larger items, I use this company: http://www.ascdirect.co.uk/

Check out their "box builder" online app. You can create your own boxes (either single or double-walled), buy in quantities as low as 25, and get a free roll of packing tape into the bargain. I've found them essential for shipping boxes for 8" plates and El Grande mugs. I also have them do a generic one that'll handle most other items in one way or another.

Before I used them I used to hack about boxes that I received stock in but since most suppliers seem to go overboard with plastering their names and websites all over the boxes either printed, labelled, or with three tonnes of personalised packing tape, the "hacking about" method just results in a very tacky-looking piece of packaging. It's a shame because we should be recycling/reusing more these days but we can't with suppliers names plastered all over the place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checked out the site mention above - bit expensive. I worked out a basic mug box and it came in at 66p each :shock: Your best off going to your local diecutters and buy from a range of stock boxes - much cheaper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John G
    Just checked out the site mention above - bit expensive. I worked out a basic mug box and it came in at 66p each :shock: Your best off going to your local diecutters and buy from a range of stock boxes - much cheaper.
    For standard mug boxes, it's better just to buy from your usual suppliers. I couldn't find anyone that sold boxes suitable for El Grande mugs or 8" plates, nor could I find suitable stock boxes from other sources that would suit shipping these items. I'm not aware of a die cutter local to me.

The double-walled boxes made by ASC are not only the exact size I need (because I measured before ordering) but they also survive shipping. I put one of my 8" plates in the first box I got and, without any additional packing (like bubble wrap), we tossed it around, hurled it at concrete ground, slung it the length of the garden, and the plate survived with no damage. And I don't need to buy more than 25 at a time if the product isn't a big seller. I considered 66p to be a reasonable price for all these advantages.

Of course, it'd be better if some supplier of oddball-sized mugs and plates bought boxes in bulk and sold them to us customers, or if the manufacturer of the items supplied them in mailing boxes, but that's not going to happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi JSR,
    I've checked the internet near you and came up with:

George Howard Packaging Ltd
    Unit 5 & 6 Power Works Estate
    Slade Green Road
    Erith
    Kent
    DA8 2HU
    Tel: 01322-338855

Don't know if they are still in business but give them a try - they might have off the shelf boxes way cheaper than your buying.

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I'll give them a shout when I get a moment.

Most times when I look for stock boxes, they tend to either be the wrong size and/or only single walled.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean, its hard getting the right box from stock sizes. My mug boxes are slightly oversized but I pack them with offcuts of card/bubble wrap and never had a mug smash on me yet. - touch wood.

Cheers John