Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Packaging
    By guarddog14 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-04-2015, 07:04 PM
  2. Mug Packaging
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-12-2014, 05:12 PM
  3. Air Sac Mug packaging
    By Justin in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 11:15 AM
  4. Bad packaging
    By twinsgran in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-03-2014, 11:43 PM
  5. Packaging ??
    By Glen Print in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packaging

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Packaging

Quote Originally Posted by John G
    I know what you mean, its hard getting the right box from stock sizes. My mug boxes are slightly oversized but I pack them with offcuts of card/bubble wrap and never had a mug smash on me yet. - touch wood.

Cheers John
    We have great fun chucking mugs around the yard when -ahem- "testing" any new mug box. (Particularly if it was a reject mug with a particularly awful design on it. :lol: ) The plate box with an 8" plate in it made for quite a unique frisbee! The dogs loved it.

I was surprised to find the cheap 17p single-walled white boxes from Listawood survived quite a tumble with a china mug inside it. I felt sure it'd break. I still think it's too thin to trust to our wonderful postal service but it's reassuring to know there's some strength in them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the polystyrene mug boxes from keramikos. they cost 25p each plus VAT. However their minimum delivery cost is a whopping £20 !! Please be aware that their mugs come in standard cardboard boxes and they will only give you a credit note for small breakage numbers not a replacement. You have register as a trade customer and they pro-forma for the first 5 transactions. The bespoke white cardboard boxes from ACS that the cubes will fit in cost 72p each plus delivery. So it will cost about £1.10 extra for the packaging based on the purchase of 100 cubes and boxes.
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daviddeer
    However their minimum delivery cost is a whopping £20 !!
    Out of curiosity does the driver of the limousine have the full chauffers uniform on ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nar, old roll up, boiler suit, hobnail boots.
    Boxes are printed in Thai and Engrish.
    Mugs smell of noodles.
    They have a very laid back way of providing customer support...'yeah I'll ring you back...wait three days...send me your email address...wait two days...send it again here's mine....phone...wait two days....phone again.....oh the guy you spoke to is very casual I'll get on to it.........20 minutes....pro-forma...10 minutes..order confirmation....2 minutes...email'.
    So that's 7 days with the sales rep or 32 minutes with the accounts department. I know which one I'll choose next time (if there is one).
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice