Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New bank notes
    By Quinsfan in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 12:41 PM
  2. Weekend of fun
    By A11kns in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-10-2013, 12:14 AM
  3. Is writing on bank notes illegal?
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-03-2013, 09:47 PM
  4. Bang goes my weekend
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-09-2012, 09:00 PM
  5. What we all doing this holiday weekend?
    By Kaz in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-05-2010, 11:51 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Courier over a bank holiday weekend.

So, I sold something on Ebay (nothing unusual there)
    Sold it on Thursday, and got it booked in with the courier, who collected it that day.
    Now, Friday, and Monday were bank holidays, and couriers don't usually deliver on a Saturday without having to pay more.
    My ebay advert stated 24 hour courier.

Customer receives their delivery today.
    Tonight I get email from them saying they knew that Friday was a bank holiday, and so expected their package on Saturday, especially as they paid £10 for the courier. What they bought from me was £80, plus the delivery cost. The courier I use charge a flat rate for most packages up to about 25kg I think, so it would have been the same cost to the customer if they had bought one of these items, or 6, this is clear in all my adverts what the delivery cost is.

I have apologised to them, and offered them a refund of 50% of the delivery cost.

Opinions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would change your notes to state that delivery is 24hr courier mon-fri deliveries and sat is extra - and that deliveries over holiday periods are subject to courier availability. unfortunately most people understand that, but not everyone does, i think offering a 50% refund is more than fair
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    So, I sold something on Ebay (nothing unusual there)
    Sold it on Thursday, and got it booked in with the courier, who collected it that day.
    Now, Friday, and Monday were bank holidays, and couriers don't usually deliver on a Saturday without having to pay more.
    My ebay advert stated 24 hour courier.

Customer receives their delivery today.
    Tonight I get email from them saying they knew that Friday was a bank holiday, and so expected their package on Saturday, especially as they paid £10 for the courier. What they bought from me was £80, plus the delivery cost. The courier I use charge a flat rate for most packages up to about 25kg I think, so it would have been the same cost to the customer if they had bought one of these items, or 6, this is clear in all my adverts what the delivery cost is.

I have apologised to them, and offered them a refund of 50% of the delivery cost.

Opinions?
    I'd change the delivery details to 1 business day (which is Monday - Friday) to be on safe side in future. Unless this customer is new to courier delivery then I think most would expect it on the Tuesday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As above with the Mon/Fri and Biusiness days. The more info you put in t + c's on the likes of ebay leaves less to be assumed. Not everyone knows the difference between couriers and the local postie.

If it were urgent or date critical you would think they would check before hand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they are trying to pull a fast one, no one thinks that they'd get a Saturday delivery without paying extra for it.