Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimatable patches
    By gorgall2 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-04-2013, 06:06 PM
  2. Blank Patches ?
    By Kahboose in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 13-11-2012, 08:34 PM
  3. Moisture Patches
    By Andrea in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 08:18 AM
  4. embroidered patches
    By Paul in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-02-2012, 10:34 AM
  5. Patches PATCHES Patches
    By Squadron Prints in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-05-2011, 10:15 AM

Thread: patches

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

patches

I tried to do press some subli patches last night, not even sure if I printed on the tried side, how on earth do you do this and what side do you print on. It stuck both sides and printing was awful. I used a sheet of paper so it would'nt stick to the press but both sides stuck to the paper, read the instuctions I must be soild because I did't get it. help :geek:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: patches

I don't know this product, but if it has a glue backing then I'd recommend putting the transfer face down on the patch (which ever sie takes the transfer) and the backing layed on a piece of grease proof paper (not ordinary paper). That will stop the glue from sticking to anything and once it cools down it can then be transfered to the garment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I press them glue side down on to the teflon sheet and then the paper on top with another teflon sheet over the top. I used to do it with greaseproof paper but if you didn't get them off hot enough the greaseproof paper stuck to them. Mind you I never did figure out which side of greaseproof paper was greaseproof, one of life's mysteries :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: patches and decals

Thanks for that I'm going to try tomorrow as I've had a day off to go the wholesale for diecast cars, the trouble is it is a three hour journay there plus three hours back so I try and make it worth my while, as the cost of fuel is sky high. Selling diecast is a lot easier than dyesub ( no spelling mistakes :lol: ) I would also like to buy some decal paper where would you suggest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi JennyWren,

For decal paper - look up water-slide transfers on the site here:- http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk If you have a look on my site in the gallery, second page, http://www.phoenixgraphix.co.uk/Exte...s/Gallery2.htm there is a model car I put decals, similar to the vinyl on my actual car shown on the first page. If you do use transfers, you should varnish over the top of them to make them fast.

Mal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - continuing development project

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a look at the site and the decal paper looks good, thank you for that