Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Help this lost soul with printer issues please!
    By Mel in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 09:48 AM
  2. Some members will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame!
    By WorthDoingRight in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM
  3. Lost order :(
    By ADP in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-11-2012, 11:38 AM
  4. magnets lost them
    By jennywren in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face I too have lost my virginity ! (But it took longer than 2 minutes ! )

Hi Guys n Gals.

Well i'm now in the same boat as bigj2552 in that i'm no longer a sublimation Virgin !

I must first thank Paul for the ICC Profile he did for me. (It was like torture not printing till i got my profile) !

Some good & not so good results. so attached are the images.

Please be gentle.....

Using Epson P50 with Custom profile made by Paul.

1: Mug Picture of the Dogs:
    This is actually a photo of a painting of my mates dear departed dogs. Was pretty impressed for 1st try. I can see it was just not tight enough as the top edges are a bit iffy. 180 deg - 180 secs

2: Mug Picture - Bradford Angling Association:
    This company contacted me about Embroidery for T-shirts for members of the club. So what better way to promote even more items to sell to the club. Very happy with the results, Just tightened the mug press up a little bit for this one & it seems nice & clear 180 deg - 180 secs

3: Galaxy S2 Case:
    My beautiful Grandaughter Lily-Mai. Quite happy, not 100% as don't think the pink seems as deep as it could. 180 deg - 50 Secs

4: Coralgraph Rock Slate:
    This was originally a colour photo which the guy sent to me as black & white. This was the 2nd one i tried as 1st one looked even worse. Cannot work out what was wrong. too much heat, too much pressure. 1st one just did'nt seem to sublimate correctly & i put it down to not having it central in the press (Swing away) & not long enough.
    So i put the heat to 205 deg for 480 secs. (Think i've now baked it for too long but i'm sure you guy's n gals will tell me where i'm going wrong)

Overall well impressed with the quality. Plenty of tweaking to do. & this is where i ask you guys for your help !

20120514_232520.jpg20120514_232559.jpg20120514_232840.jpg20120514_233011.jpg

Regards

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done m8.....no longer a sub virgin lol...

the bradford one looks really clean and sharp......
    I canny comment really.....i,m in the same boat as you m8

looking forward to seeing your runs over the next week or two....

Just sent away for a profile to paul as well m8.....

need this to be as good as possible colour wise.....

heres hoping

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to be fun just playing about with new toys (Expensive too) but really looking forward to it.
    Yes the blacks are brill, really impressed. I've ordered the A3 Brother printer as well after seeing your results. So i think we will keep Paul busy with profiles !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the slate i use 205 for 440 seconds - you using a rubber pad on top?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonywiz View Post
    It's going to be fun just playing about with new toys (Expensive too) but really looking forward to it.
    Yes the blacks are brill, really impressed. I've ordered the A3 Brother printer as well after seeing your results. So i think we will keep Paul busy with profiles !

I hear ya.....if it keeps someone else's wheels turning at the same time making a pound, i,m all for that...
    Think you will like the brother 5910 bud......but bare in mind - its really BIG !...

Fast at printing and not to noisy...ive had a lot worse epsons in my day...trust me - i was always an epson man but, reading JSR's posts on here made me wonder.....glad i took the chance !
    Scanner on it is great ( imho) really fast and quality of scans is dam good....

only grip i got is the (large)paper tray......feels really cheap and nasty & care must be taken getting it in/out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bassqee View Post
    for the slate i use 205 for 440 seconds - you using a rubber pad on top?
    Nope, was just this minute on the BMS site looking at the slates & noticed it said use rubber mat. That looks like one thing i've missed !

Thanks bassqee

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love the angling mug, and thats the right way to go about it, if i do a large t shirt run, i always put a mug in the box with them, printed up, i have had 7 mug orders now, one for over 100 mugs, just by popping a sample mug in the box with the shirts, and the baby photo is lovely as well

looks like we might all end up being "brothers" as im now looking at one after reading posts on them
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pad also helps with the edges too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really buggered me up as i bought a pad amongst other stuff as i read it needed it... just never thought about it when i actually came to pressing !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    i was always an epson man but, reading JSR's posts on here made me wonder.....glad i took the chance !
    I've never been a trend-setter before...