Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Coaster Storage
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-03-2015, 05:38 PM
  2. Transfer Print Storage
    By mrs maggot in forum Hints & Tips
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 03:28 PM
  3. Dropbox increase storage!
    By Justin in forum Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 11:41 PM
  4. Cloud File Storage
    By Justin in forum Software
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 25-02-2013, 11:00 PM
  5. Online Storage and stuff
    By AdamB in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cloud storage

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cloud storage

thinking about this for a while now.....
    I do the odd bit of DJ work some week ends ( have done for yrs now )

was thinking of putting up my vast music collection to cloud storage so i can use it with other pc's / laptops / phone and for the dj work when required.
    but none of them let you play music direct from the cloud - you have to download the song / album FIRST....

even tryed itunes-------YUK....the amount of sh*t that you have to load with itunes download is a nono....

do they (itunes) let you play your music collection from the cloud WITHOUT downloading it first ?

i tryed itunes for about 2 mins and got p'd off with it and uninstalled it - along with the gunk that comes down with it

anyone know any other way ?
    Last edited by Justin; 21-05-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I use mediafire but not sure if they let you play songs without download them first. If you have iCloud account i know you can stream them. Also Try Drop Box. i am able to stream music from dropbox to my phone when I am in the car and got it connected to my stereo so this might be the way to go. basically is like virtual Memory stick. I love it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I use mediafire but not sure if they let you play songs without download them first. If you have iCloud account i know you can stream them. Also Try Drop Box. i am able to stream music from dropbox to my phone when I am in the car and got it connected to my stereo so this might be the way to go. basically is like virtual Memory stick. I love it.

THANKS PAUL - off to try it now bud
    sounds like what i,m looking for !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had a look paul - to much cash out for what it is......

keep a looking

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    What??? Dropbox? Is free. Or you can get more room if you reffer somone. I am not sure if you will be able to find cheaper or free one that let yoi stream music...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What??? Dropbox? Is free. Or you can get more room if you reffer somone. I am not sure if you will be able to find cheaper or free one that let yoi stream music...
    free for 2GB lol.....i got at least 468+GB for my music and 3TB+ for my music vids bud - and thats just a rough recollection ! ......the vids i,m not to worried about - just music.

2GB aint gonna cut it lol.....
    No matter what/who i choose - its gonna cost me - i dont think any do more than 100GB ???

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    External hdd is your solution. Not cloud lol :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    External hdd is your solution. Not cloud lol :-)
    Maybe even a media streamer combining a HDD with either wireless or bluetooth streaming capabilities.

Other possibility which I use myself is to store all your files on your home pc and access it via remote access software. I can even control my pc from my android mobile phone. Just google for 'Teamviewer' it is free for non commercial use - so can try it with no outlay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    free for 2GB lol.....i got at least 468+GB for my music and 3TB+ for my music vids bud - and thats just a rough recollection ! ......the vids i,m not to worried about - just music.

2GB aint gonna cut it lol.....
    No matter what/who i choose - its gonna cost me - i dont think any do more than 100GB ???
    That kind of capacity is going to cost you no matter who you go with.

There are many different cloud services such as:

• Dropbox - 2GB (free), 50GB ($99/yr), 100GB ($199/yr), and 1TB upwards for "Teams".
    • Box.net - 5GB (free), 25GB ($10/mo.), 50GB ($20/mo.), 1TB ($15/mo. per user, minimum 3 users), and unlimited for "Enterprise".
    • SugarSync - 5GB (free), 30GB ($50/yr), 60GB ($100/yr), 100GB ($150/yr), 250GB ($250/yr), and 500GB ($400/yr).
    • Comodo Online Storage - 5GB (free), and 250GB ($100/yr).
    • Memset Memstore Cloud - Pay-As-You-Go (price varies depending on how much space you use, with over 5000TB available) and fixed packages of 5GB (free), 50GB (£1.95/mo.), 100GB (£3.45/mo.), 200GB (£5.95/mo.)
    • SpiderOak - 2GB (free), and 100+GB for $100/yr/100GB.
    • Google Drive - 5GB (free), and plans from 25GB-16TB from $2.49/mo. to $800/mo.

Each service is a little different. Some give you a sync app, others you have to pay for it, and some don't offer sync at all. Some will stream music, some will only do that in apps or via browsers (for instance, I can stream MP3 from Box.net's iPad app, but it doesn't stream on the Android app - so I must download it first).

Some keep their prices low by charging extra for download bandwidth (such as Memset doing 30p/GB/mo. on their PAYG) while some free services may have a download cap. Others limit file size (such as the free Box.net having a 100MB filesize limit - it used to be 25MB).

Given that just about everyone does a free package, you can try any and all of them out before you part with any cash.

Of the above, I'm currently using:

• Dropbox 50GB (monthly $9.99 ~ £6.50) for my main essential work & business because it has the best sync.
    • Box 50GB (free - they did an iPhone/iPad promotion when Apple introduced their iCloud to give all such users 50GB free for life) for my music storage/backup.
    • Memset Cloud PAYG for certain essential files that I don't want to lose (I've been using them for over 6 months and so far it hasn't cost more than 34p - which they haven't yet billed me for).

Why have I settled on those three? Dropbox for the sync, Box because it was 50GB free, and Memset because it's PAYG. I have tried the free Sugarsync, SpiderOak, and Comodo, but they don't offer me anything I'm not already getting so I don't use them much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A NAS (Networked Attached Storage) box would give you your files on your network without needing to leave your pc on.

I've only had experience of Netgear's ReadyNAS devices but they will let you get access via a variety of methods - eg remote login or FTP.

Mark