Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Contour cutting an image
    By Bob @ Prestige in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-11-2014, 11:33 PM
  2. Contour cutting with cameo
    By Maup in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:43 AM
  3. contour cutting mh refine 721
    By Frostee in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 02:09 AM
  4. contour cutting
    By plugy in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 01:53 AM
  5. contour cutting on summa d60
    By naeem in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 01:18 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

contour cutting in flexi

I have flexisign 8.5 and trying to cut images out but cannot figure out how to achieve this.
    if i import an object i click outline but get a rectangle around the image and not a line that follows the outer of the image.
    Also i have tried to vectorise the image when i do it has auto plotted the outline but i cannot adjust this as i would like to bring in a bit to avoid any white marks.
    Next i want to insert plot lines to send to my printer but cannot find how to do this.
    Anyone explain in simple terms please thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on you tube there are loads and loads of instructional videos, might be worth checking, what type of image are you importing ?? normally there will be a rectangle around the image that you load, and then weed. might also be worth checking uksign forum, or one of the others where flexi is discussed more frequently (on here the vinyl section is smaller and not as busy, as its mostly for dye sub)
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I think you tring to cut jpg :-) make sure your image is made curves. O tried to contoir cut va flexi 8,5 but could not doit. Flexi 10 can do that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are vids on u tube but for 8.1 not 8.5, if i type text in i get the option to change outline color and it gives me a contour line to adjust, but if i import a pic a vectorised on it already has plotted lines around it but i cannot adjust them or insert plot marks befor i send to print

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you might need to ungroup the image ?? i work in corel and them inport in the finished item, so not too sure, like i say try the sign forums, as they deal a lot more with cutters
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura