Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Foison 24" cutter driver problems?
    By toolipz in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-09-2014, 09:49 AM
  2. For Sale Foison c24 cutter
    By Lornem in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-11-2013, 01:00 AM
  3. FOISON C24 USB Cutter
    By accdave in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 05:15 PM
  4. FOISON C24 VINYL CUTTER FOR SALE
    By steve dee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 08:02 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foison C24 Cutter

I'm having trouble trying to get the vinyl to feed through in a straight line. Although I suspect it may help but I don't have the stand for it. Anybody else get one of these and give me a few tips please ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Foison C24 Cutter

Most plotters have a guide front and back - your vinyl has to be running straight before you start. If its a case of running off while cutting it could be uneven pressure on the pinch rollers or even a worn rubber wheel on the pinch rollers. Failing that have you got the pressure right on the blade and is it a sharp blade.

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's only cut about 2 meteres of vinyl since I got it so the blade is brand new effectively.

It runs out of line when it measures itself at the start, not sure if thats the right way to explain it :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you inserting the vinyl straight - is there a guide front and back and is the guide accurate?

I lift the pinch rollers and pull about 400mm through, check guide front and back and drop down the pinch rollers about 10 - 15mm in from the sides of the vinyl, making sure the vinyl is tight. If you have an option to feed vinyl through, without cutting, test this both forwards and backwards - you'll see if its tracking straight. Turn off the measuring thing - its not needed as you know the size your cutting anyway. On mine, not foison, the pinch rollers cause the grip rollers to leave an indentation where it tracks so you'll see if its running straight - also your blade should cut the vinyl clean but not the backing sheet. Backing sheet should have little or very slight marks from the blade.

Cheers John