Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Show Stands....(Show us yours)
    By smo in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 03:32 PM
  2. Second show over
    By AJLA in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-06-2012, 10:58 PM
  3. First Show
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
  4. show off??
    By Paul in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 25-09-2011, 09:02 AM
  5. NEXT BIG SHOW
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21-07-2010, 09:44 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first show for us as well

Have been working hard all week to get ready for the first show down deepest darkest Cornwall, its a small show, but we always use our first show to get the lay out right as we have two tents to put together and fill it, it gets easier after that as the stock will be put back in the order that the layout ( once that's been decided ) The weather looks as though is going to be be horrendous, I think it will take hours to get the tent up as he battles against wind. Still the one good thing about it I won't be there. I'll be in the shop. We always hope that you make money on our first show, not so sure as the weather is always the deciding factor. ( will they come and spend) Its a two day show so fingers crossed that he's not blown away and the tents and stock survive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i remember a few yrs ago i was doing the markets car boots with a stall.
    it was a bank holiday monday show and it was lovely weather we were in a huge field in the middle of the country.
    i saw this huge black cloud coming and said to the wife we'd better pack away.
    she said no it'll be ok :~
    in 5 minutes it hit us BANG.
    there was stalls blowing down rolling along.
    our stall started to go so i grabbed the side and it took off ripped the pegs out of the floor and flew threw the air with me hanging onto it for my life.

it flew about 20 foot and smacked into this car followed by all our stock.
    i clambered out of the mangled wreck all dazed and shaken and then thought oops thats someone's car we hit.
    thankfully it was ok........ but then.........
    i heard this 'get me out of here'
    in between the stall and the car was a poor bloke lol
    thankfully he didn't get hurt just shaken like i was.
    it was just a freak mini storm that lasted no more than 30 seconds and it was gone.

but wow what an experience and thankfully no-one got hurt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst thing that happen to us after going to Portsmouth, in the winter doing a three day show, working 14hrs a day, came home and went to bed 6.30 in the morning woke up to go back to work in the shop and NO van. It had been stolen with all stock in it. Long story but we did get the van back, police found stock in field, small amount of stock stolen, about £200 in change stolen. (our fault left in underneath the seat) tiredness makes you stupid. But it wasn't as bad as it would have been if we didn't get the stock back. But as you said thankful nobody was hurt which is the main thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you go in Cornwall jennywren? There are some good ones down here.
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tauton, only 6 traders turned up and two left the next day, wet, wind and rain put them off, We are trying to keep local but hard to find or they just don't reply to emails. Normally we go further but the cost of fuel and the shows need to be two days only at the weekends, (that's only school terms) in holidays we are not tied so it easier to get shows

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaah Taunton in sunny Somerset (or not as the case may be) I have spent many many cold wet windy weekends there on the stock car track.

The fuel costs make a huge dent in the budgets now, we only stay in Cornwall and only do weekenders too, it's not worth the hassle otherwise. With the exception of the Stithians 1 day weekday show which is huge we are away every weekend this month and a few next month, surprisingly i'm not booked anywhere for the Aug bank holiday, maybe i might have messed up there.
    Mandy