Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimatable patches
    By gorgall2 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-04-2013, 07:06 PM
  2. Blank Patches ?
    By Kahboose in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 13-11-2012, 09:34 PM
  3. embroidered patches
    By Paul in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-02-2012, 11:34 AM
  4. Patches PATCHES Patches
    By Squadron Prints in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-05-2011, 11:15 AM
  5. patches
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-03-2010, 12:12 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moisture Patches

Hello Everyone.

I am new to the sublimation world, Got our kit from Martin @ BMS , Very happy with the whole package.
    My wife Andrea is a Photographer for nearly 25 years and we have added sublimination to our range of services, to try and earn some more income.
    The first few pressings as per the temp and times from BMS site everything came out lovely.
    But now when I am pressing the Wood Blocks I am getting a lot of moisture in the Print.
    Found the tread earlier and pre heat the metal and blocks , over heated one and melted the protective layer , so can anyone give me some tips on the best preheat practice,
    Is the moisture in the paper also and how can I remove the moisture with out gassing of the Ink.
    How should the paper be stored, does the TUREPIX paper absorb moisture easily , How do you dry the paper before or after printing,

We are using the Rico Gx e3300n printer and our mugs and pressings have being very good except for the last few where the moisture is spoiling the finish.

I would realy appricate and suggestions and advice, please.

Regards Ian
    Andrea Duncan Photography

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try leaving the print on base platern open for a few minutes before putting on to item to be pressed this usually works for us.We sometimes leave blocks etc near heat press or radiator for a few hrs to make sure moisture is out .Keep your paper in sealed bag when you not using it .
    hope that helps and i am sure there will be others who have different ideas/methods that work

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Hello Everyone.

I am new to the sublimation world, Got our kit from Martin @ BMS , Very happy with the whole package.
    My wife Andrea is a Photographer for nearly 25 years and we have added sublimination to our range of services, to try and earn some more income.
    The first few pressings as per the temp and times from BMS site everything came out lovely.
    But now when I am pressing the Wood Blocks I am getting a lot of moisture in the Print.
    Found the tread earlier and pre heat the metal and blocks , over heated one and melted the protective layer , so can anyone give me some tips on the best preheat practice,
    Is the moisture in the paper also and how can I remove the moisture with out gassing of the Ink.
    How should the paper be stored, does the TUREPIX paper absorb moisture easily , How do you dry the paper before or after printing,

We are using the Rico Gx e3300n printer and our mugs and pressings have being very good except for the last few where the moisture is spoiling the finish.

I would realy appricate and suggestions and advice, please.

Regards Ian
    Andrea Duncan Photography
    Not sure what the 'wood blocks' are, but the placemats can be pressed for 30-45 seconds upside down to help push out the moisture - you will see the moisture on the base of the press as you heat them up. Keep them in a dry environment when possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    When you say melted the protective layer, what is this and what blank are you referring to?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pre heating a I Phone blank and pressed it upside down and was distracted for a minute and over cooked the metal and the proctive plastic was imposible to remove.

The "wood block" sorry Martin should have said 20 x 30 Plaques.

The moisture was in the paper , I now have everything set up in a dry envoirment, but we were at an event where we transport the equipment in a van and it was very wet and the moisture was caused by the van .

Letsgo Thank you for you suggestion, I did as you suggested and it has worked perfectley .
    Regards Ian
    The only failure, is the failure to try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can, get a large sealable plastic bag and put the box of paper inside it, or silica gell bags in the paper, or grains of rice in a small bag, which will help draw out any moisture
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.