Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. b1100 thought id share
    By beefyor1983 in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 09:36 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-05-2012, 07:48 PM
  3. last problem .... i hope
    By Lornem in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-08-2011, 11:29 AM
  4. Riots Hope
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 11:19 PM
  5. Hope you guys don,t mind
    By gozo in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-11-2009, 10:28 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello to all hope someone can share some advice as im new to this. thx

Hi All,

I am totally new to this forum and to sublimation printing, i would appreciate all the help i can get. i have an 8 in1 press from Coralgraph (paper from them aswell) and my printer is an Epson B1100, my ink is Fotorite CISS. i have tried to print on a mug (bought from Signzworld on Ebay) and i have had no luck, no image will transfer onto the mug. The instruction that came with the press are useless and the timing seem much higher (300-500s) than what i have read on the forum so far. I have tried temp:180 and time:180s with still no luck, instead the mug has gone dull in colour. Can anyone please help me as i am really confused about where i may be going wrong. Another question i have is: Can the same mug be re-used until i get the hang of things to avoid waste of new mugs? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you using sublimation inks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wowp4u View Post
    my ink is Fotorite CISS. .
    I suspect your main problem lies here, whats sort of ink is it ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    dont blame the press. blame your inks :) They are fantastic to print photos but unfortunately not on the mugs :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wowp4u View Post
    Hi All,

I am totally new to this forum and to sublimation printing, i would appreciate all the help i can get. i have an 8 in1 press from Coralgraph (paper from them aswell) and my printer is an Epson B1100, my ink is Fotorite CISS. i have tried to print on a mug (bought from Signzworld on Ebay) and i have had no luck, no image will transfer onto the mug. The instruction that came with the press are useless and the timing seem much higher (300-500s) than what i have read on the forum so far. I have tried temp:180 and time:180s with still no luck, instead the mug has gone dull in colour. Can anyone please help me as i am really confused about where i may be going wrong. Another question i have is: Can the same mug be re-used until i get the hang of things to avoid waste of new mugs? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.
    You are going to need to get sublimation inks for the B1100. The Artainium Easyflow system comes with 5x100ml of inks and RRP of this is around £239 +vat. Oh ...and welcome :)
    Last edited by bms; 23-06-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forum :-) Not much I can add to the above, other than the fact that I found that paper useless as well :-)
    Last edited by Justin; 24-06-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    Thank you to all for the advice. I will look into getting the correct inks and try again...
    And its great to be a part of this forum, everyone has been very helpful and im confident that i can ask for help and there is always support here. Thank You