Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Help with names for Leavers Hoodies in Corel X3
    By Chunk in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2021, 09:25 AM
  2. Domain names and copyright
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-08-2014, 11:07 PM
  3. domain names
    By gavgav in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 06:32 PM
  4. domain names
    By dj_doubler in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-05-2011, 06:41 PM
  5. Usernames & Real Names
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: domain names

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

domain names

Hi not sure if this is the right place really so please feel free to move it

I have been looking at domain names and i notice the 1 want to buy has a yearly charge.

Is this the normal way to pay for a domain name for so many years rather than just pay 1 price and own it for ever.

Also is there a certain place should be buying from as the site I am looking at is 123 reg

any advice appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Hi not sure if this is the right place really so please feel free to move it

I have been looking at domain names and i notice the 1 want to buy has a yearly charge.

Is this the normal way to pay for a domain name for so many years rather than just pay 1 price and own it for ever.

Also is there a certain place should be buying from as the site I am looking at is 123 reg

any advice appreciated
    yes it is how all domains are purchased on a yearly fee 2 yearly for .coms. I always use this company for domain name buyings and hosting.

http://www.3ix.org/sys/aff.php?aff=1782

I have never had a single problem with them in coming on 10 years now. I will ad I do not own this company.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, you tend to 'rent' them annually. You can sometimes pay for several years in advance to get it cheaper but it shouldn't cost much to pay annually anyway.

Not really sure where to put this thread so I'll move into Take a Break for general info :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Yes, you tend to 'rent' them annually. You can sometimes pay for several years in advance to get it cheaper but it shouldn't cost much to pay annually anyway.

Not really sure where to put this thread so I'll move into Take a Break for general info :-)
    Sorry if I replied to quickly Justin .....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No problem, it's great that members respond so quickly! It's one thing that makes this forum quite unique at times :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    No problem, it's great that members respond so quickly! It's one thing that makes this forum quite unique at times :-)
    well since ive been a member if the machine is on i tend to leave this forum running in the back ground.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks and i apologse for all the questions.

The 1 I am looking at i can buy for 10 years for a good fee but to be honest i dont need it quite yet but i want to make sure i get it so it does not dissapear .

There is loads of options like hosting emails and alot of other add ons can these be sorted at a different time as im not sure what i would be wanting at the moment I am just more interested in securing the name.

Thanks for any help

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well craig you can renew domains before the experiry date. you dont have to take a 10 fee to get a good price. Hosting etc can be sorted out as and when you need to. I have a few domain names parked as that way there ready for me to use as and when. For less that £10 a year is it worth letting your name go ?....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah to be honest the .co.uk i want is on a offer of £34 for 10years so i was thinking of doing that 1 as if i do it for 2 years then it will probly be sky high afer the 2 years or do they not change like that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well 2 years costs me for .co.uk $12.99 for 2 years not sure in £ssssss but they would invoice you in £sssssssssss for uk and have offices and help lines in london ....