Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Black mugs with full wrap panel ????
    By FlyingAl in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23-05-2022, 11:28 AM
  2. Full Mug Wrap
    By dj_doubler in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-10-2016, 06:33 PM
  3. Fw-500 full wrap mug press
    By BRENDAN in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-10-2013, 10:50 PM
  4. Full Mug Wrap
    By Scapaflyer in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 08:12 AM
  5. El Grande with straight sides
    By JSR in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full Wrap Mugs - with straight sides?

Hi Guys,

Best place to get these please? The last 4 boxes I had were garbage, with bow wonky sides and at least a 10mm dip at the mug bottoms, making it impossible to get a full wrapped image. Very frustrating indeed.

Thank you :)
    Andy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    10oz or 11oz Andy?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both 10oz & 11oz :) though the last lot of 11oz ones I had were worse. I had 2 of 10oz and 2 of 11oz and they were both shocking!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fr3spirit View Post
    Hi Guys,

Best place to get these please? The last 4 boxes I had were garbage, with bow wonky sides and at least a 10mm dip at the mug bottoms, making it impossible to get a full wrapped image. Very frustrating indeed.

Thank you :)
    Andy
    ...and is your mug press one with a sponge like blanket rather than a thin rubber covering over a metal sleeve? The latter are very unforgiving.

Most decent mugs (either 10oz or 11oz) will be pretty straight - the cheaper end of the market will have variations though. As a supplier we'd naturally blow our own trumpet :). Seriously though the European Mugs (closest to 10oz) are very popular but we also have the 11oz versions as well. Both RN coated so not only possible to get full top to bottom image transfer but also the RN coated mugs come with our dishwasher guarantee. I believe several DSF members use these mugs so they can add their own (more independent) comments if they like.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    ...and is your mug press one with a sponge like blanket rather than a thin rubber covering over a metal sleeve? The latter are very unforgiving.

Most decent mugs (either 10oz or 11oz) will be pretty straight - the cheaper end of the market will have variations though. As a supplier we'd naturally blow our own trumpet :). Seriously though the European Mugs (closest to 10oz) are very popular but we also have the 11oz versions as well. Both RN coated so not only possible to get full top to bottom image transfer but also the RN coated mugs come with our dishwasher guarantee. I believe several DSF members use these mugs so they can add their own (more independent) comments if they like.
    I started out with my mugs from Martin (BMS) and continue to do so......I see no reason to look around.......highly recommended and no Im not on commission

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a mug oven and clamp type wraps, nice big thick spongy ones. It's the mugs that were the problem, when putting 2 together I could see more daylight than mugs.
    I'm not going to name and shame suppliers, though I did send the supplier an e-mail asking if there was a bad batch and they never replied probably very busy lol....I even offered a photo of the problem and mentioned that I was not after compensation or refund as I would use them for something else...still no response (from a usually very good supplier I might add) They were so bad that the paper would actulay crease on the bottom 10mm where it just could not connect to the mug. Ah well I guess I'll just have to take a risk....anyone do returns if they are more bow legged than Zara Phillips? lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also use martin(BMS) for mugs and have no reason to look elsewhere either....
    i can get full top to bottom/right around wraps on these 10oz RN coated mugs. they also stand up very well indeed to the dishwasher test.
    and last - they are straight sided and the price is great...for me anyway, dunno about others.
    i have no reason to buy anywhere else TBH

johnny

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I buy my mugs locally and collect them myself (saves on transport costs) and I can quite happily press an image 220mm long by 95mm tall without any issues. I was always led to believe that the mug blankets were much more forgiving so can only wonder on how bad these mugs you have are!

Remember if you need someone to straighten them out for you then ask Johnny - his method is however kill or cure lol
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fr3spirit View Post
    I'm not going to name and shame suppliers.........
    It's entirely your choice if you don't want to mention a supplier but as said on another thread - people will never know if there is a potential problem and more imortantly the supplier may think it's an isolated incident if they are not aware of other problems in the same area.

However, that said - suppliers are always busy and I know that every problem I have had has been rectified in some way or another so you should give the supplier enough time to address the issue first.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    +1 on Adam B's comments.

If I have had a bad experience with a supplier I would not hesitate to name them. This forum is not sponsored by anyone and is not a platform for advertisers. It is a forum for Dye Sub professionals or hobbyists to get good solid advice and leads on products etc.

Yes, there are some “three initial” suppliers that get more than their fair share of praise, but that is because they deserve it. Likewise I would want my fellow colleagues on this forum to tell me if they have had a bad experience so I know to steer clear, that is what an independent forum is for. No need to slate them, but if you have had problems, as long as you are fair with your comments then there is no reason not to state who it was. If the supplier watches this forum it may even help them to improve their services.

I always wait 48 hours for a response. I personally think that is enough time to respond even if its “thank you for your email and we will respond within XX days”