Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Soon to launch website using GoDaddy but got question?
    By SilentAlf in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 02:18 PM
  2. struggling to get in touch with a Dealer ..
    By Volusian in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 09:42 PM
  3. PayPal to launch card reader
    By draig in forum Hardware
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 23-04-2013, 01:56 PM
  4. New Product Launch
    By bms in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 07:29 PM
  5. Xpres launch new twin mug press
    By Justin in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

struggling to launch...

Hi my name is Tony and im based in leicester

I have obtained my equipment to begin sublimation and want to begin advertising my services via facebook etc however i need to show people the items i can print as finished samples e.g an item that is printed as reference for what the customer will be buying or what the finished article would look like however i am struggling to find an image to print that will look professional that someone will want and not just waste a tshirt, also i need a name and the name is something that has not come to mind yet...

hope someone can help lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Tony, we are all looking for that name that a) is not already taken and b) puts us at the top of the search engines. In reality therefore I doubt many will give you a name just incase it does what they cannot lol

My company name came to me whilst driving to work one day and reminded me that my grandfather was always saying 'If a jobs worth doing it is worth doing right'. You need to think about what you want your name to portray to customers. It seems recently to me that trendy names are just often made up nonsense words.

If you have the time try one of the webname checkers out, put in the first word that comes to mind and then see if anything springs from that.

On your other problem, that is probably my biggest issue. I do not want to waste stock making items just to advertise on my website. I suppose you really just have to bite the bullet and make a few samples to photograph and hope they lead to sales.
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony and welcome to the forum :-)

Finding the right name can take a long long time, I've found in the past that you can over think this, nothing too fancy, clever is fine but it should immediately portray what you do without second guessing.

You could always use a stock photo from one of the many stock sites for your marketing. I've seen product ranges with the same picture used across the range and this can be very effective.

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Tony :) A lot of images that people want are often copyrighted. If you want something unique then you may need to employ designers but looking for something unique that everyone wants to buy ...- I guess that sums up most dye subers ideal!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony. Welcome. As the other guys mentioned, finding the right name can be the key to your success and with the right SEO and keywords your business can become very popular. As for the images, why dont you make them yourself? Hang a newly ironed white sheet somewhere in the house that has good lighting and add a few finished products onto it. Take some digi pics and choose the best from different angles. Im sure you also have a few mates that think they are David baileey and might do the pics for you.
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony

With regard to images - it all depends what market you are looking to target.

Also don't be tempted to just copy other peoples images (like artists and photographers) it is very easy for the owners of the images to track down other people using them on the internet. In the past I have had several website taken off Google or shut down for breach of copyright.

Finding the right name - you don't have to have a fantastic name to succeed - look at Alan Sugar he just used his initials added them to the word "trading" and came up with Amstrad.

Sometimes a specific name like say XYZ T-shirts narrows down your market - as you progress you may find you want to diversify into another market.

We are quite fortunate because I am a reasonably good photographer and my wife is an artist so we can produce our own designs/images or take a theme we have seen elsewhere and reproduce it in our own style.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you start of with the basic, and do mugs with images that people bring you, somewhere along the line it will come to you where you want to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jennywren View Post
    If you start of with the basic, and do mugs with images that people bring you, somewhere along the line it will come to you where you want to go.
    Now that's a nice reply Jenny

Longforte
    Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum... Actually one thing I have seen other people do in the past is to use photoshop to position their design on a blank t-shirt image. It can be quite hit and miss, so you need to spend some time making it look good, or find someone who's good at using PS who can help. When it's done well, it looks just like a photographed image and it will save you printing t-shirts before sales come in. The key is to make it look as close as possible (esp in terms of colours) to what a printed t-shirt will look like. Again, how easily you can do this will depend on exactly what kind of designs you want to print.

Just a thought... hope it helps!

Jay

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony

Welcome to the forum :-)

We have a selection of images of our products with bright and colourful designs on and all taken by our in house professional photographer. You would be welcome to use these if it helps. If you would like me to send you some examples, let me know and i will email some over to you.

Hope this helps,
    Becki