Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. foil printing
    By sarahjayne in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-07-2017, 02:32 PM
  2. happy new yr when it comes in your part of the world
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2015, 03:33 PM
  3. What Part of mug?
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 08:57 PM
  4. Part Printer Part Software Niggle
    By Front Bedroom in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-08-2011, 02:00 AM
  5. Sublimation foil - how does this work?
    By theemmanewman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 part transfers for foil help?

I have just bought out a business and have aquired loads of transfers with no instructions,
    Most are rubbish but I have a few nice ones some are 2 part transfers which appear to possibly be glue which is intended for a type of foil on top one of the glue designs I have has been done with a silver foil and another with a really nice multicoloured its a very thin stuff very flexible and seems more like its " melted" into a t shirt rahter than sitting on the top.
    Can any one that has any idea what I am talking about direct me to whatever foil I need to go on the top of these transfers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have seen this foil transfere product a few times over the years, and a demonstration has never worked out, and the rep has had to talk even more S**t with egg on their face.
    The technology is prehistoric, - before colour printers, PANTONE sold these sheets of film in their specific colour range, and a graphic designer would create the design, and xerox it.
    Then, they would cover the xerox copy with the special (expensive) film, - and put it through a (special??) HEAT laminator.
    The PANTONE coloured sheet would only stick to the xerox toner, - and the graphic designer could show the mockup to the client prior to print approval.
    This film has been kicking around the tshirt printing industry for a while, - the idea being, you press a reversed toner transfere onto the garment, and then make the foil film stick to the toner transfere, - so you can produce a highly detailed gold/silver/whatever design, - on any coloured garment.
    Problem , - I have never seen it work (even slightly) consistantly...... love to be proved wrong!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    I have seen this foil transfere product a few times over the years, and a demonstration has never worked out, and the rep has had to talk even more S**t with egg on their face.
    The technology is prehistoric, - before colour printers, PANTONE sold these sheets of film in their specific colour range, and a graphic designer would create the design, and xerox it.
    Then, they would cover the xerox copy with the special (expensive) film, - and put it through a (special??) HEAT laminator.
    The PANTONE coloured sheet would only stick to the xerox toner, - and the graphic designer could show the mockup to the client prior to print approval.
    This film has been kicking around the tshirt printing industry for a while, - the idea being, you press a reversed toner transfere onto the garment, and then make the foil film stick to the toner transfere, - so you can produce a highly detailed gold/silver/whatever design, - on any coloured garment.
    Problem , - I have never seen it work (even slightly) consistantly...... love to be proved wrong!
    i have some foil transfers, they were in a pack at a wholesalers i go to, and designed for the home market - they are crap too
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, I have seen the foil lamiator you have explained for card crafts, the " samples " of this in the stock I got are the only nicely done ones out of 3 boxes of badly printed sample stock, if this was complicated I am not sure they would have made such a good job of them lol
    I have been looking for info on this and have seen that hot foil stamping film is used now I cant imagine that to be washable, so I am not sure thats right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    i have some foil transfers, they were in a pack at a wholesalers i go to, and designed for the home market - they are crap too
    lol looks like another idea down the loo b4 I start with it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cadcut direct have a channel on YouTube. One of their 30min videos taken last year shows several ways to apply foil. It might be worth a look before you bin it all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imme View Post
    Cadcut direct have a channel on YouTube. One of their 30min videos taken last year shows several ways to apply foil. It might be worth a look before you bin it all.
    cheers for the info I will try and find it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the video I mentioned. Hope it is of some help
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdKdwEtoj3U&feature=plcp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember the best thing with foil is not to completely cover the meat - oops wrong forum
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imme View Post
    This is the video I mentioned. Hope it is of some help
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdKdwEtoj3U&feature=plcp
    thanks for that yes it helps a lot and theirs come out ok! some great tutorials on there as well another day no cleaning up will be done lol!