Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. problems with what I see and what I get......
    By elliemillhill in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-09-2013, 09:04 PM
  2. Mug problems
    By zzest1964 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 28-08-2013, 01:02 AM
  3. Mug Problems
    By quasar in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27-09-2012, 09:13 PM
  4. Problems please help
    By JOSI74 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15-06-2011, 04:04 PM
  5. PM Problems
    By Andrew in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Problems, problems, problems ....

The last week has been a nightmare!

I have a clam press and one of the springs went a few months ago so I replaced it with one of the kids trampoline springs (hey, it worked) but then last week the other spring went and 2 trampoline springs didn't keep the press open enough to avoid burning my knuckles.

After looking everywhere for replacement springs to no avail I emailed Martin at BMS (I got the press from BMS when I first started) and asked if he knew where I could get some from? His reply was - "I have some spares, I'll add to your next order" - QUALITY SERVICE I must say, and the press was now back up and running.

Then, 24hrs later my laptop went the the 'blue screen of death' and on investigation I found the hard drive had gone - and a lot of work was (yes, you guessed it) on the hard drive!

Anyway, I've managed to recover about 80% of what I wanted to and re-installed software etc (why can you never find discs when you want to) but it was a true PAIN!

The moral of the story - ALWAYS have a backup of both equipment and files if possible as if it happens it's a nightmare to get things back to as they were!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should say that but my wife has sort of done that:

I now have 2 mug presses, 2 heat presses, 2 vinyl cutters, 2 sublimation printers but 0 customers lol

Oh well you cannot have everything can you!!
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorthDoingRight View Post
    Funny you should say that but my wife has sort of done that:

I now have 2 mug presses, 2 heat presses, 2 vinyl cutters, 2 sublimation printers but 0 customers lol

Oh well you cannot have everything can you!!
    Yeah - but how many PC's/Laptops have you got to run everything?

I have back-ups of printers/cutters etc but when the main controller went down everything was useless :(

I know it's a large bit of expense to have a backup PC but it makes you realise how much we rely on technology!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Point Adam I have a mug press a clam press a newly acquired vinyl cutter off here. But have 2 laptops and a pc all doing different things. Plus 3 printers one subli one pigment and one dye inks, all epson and working great.

But guess what i lost all my files about 6 months ago one laptop, and yes I still keep forgetting to back up.................

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Yeah - but how many PC's/Laptops have you got to run everything?

I have back-ups of printers/cutters etc but when the main controller went down everything was useless :(

I know it's a large bit of expense to have a backup PC but it makes you realise how much we rely on technology!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I spilt a glass of wine a few weeks ago, all over our main artwork laptop - with all of our artwork and designs on it (and not all of it backed up.) This was quite late ant night. Thankfully I did have a spare laptop of the same model, but slightly lower spec in storage area. It was burried at the back of storage, and there is no light, so I had to wait til next day to dig it out. I didn't sleep that night. Next morning I got up, and delved to back of the storage area, and dug the spare out. It had been there well over a year, and it sprang into life immediately, next thing was the part I was dreading - putting the HD from wined laptop in to see if it still worked (as a lot of the wine had been over the HD area of the laptop) it clicked the on button, not breathing, and it booted normally - I was very relieved to say the least! The rest of the day was spent tearing both machines down to their components, and putting the good stuff from the wined machine into the spare.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Then, 24hrs later my laptop went the the 'blue screen of death' and on investigation I found the hard drive had gone - and a lot of work was (yes, you guessed it) on the hard drive!

Anyway, I've managed to recover about 80% of what I wanted to and re-installed software etc (why can you never find discs when you want to) but it was a true PAIN!
    I had a similar thing happen a few weeks ago. My trusty old netbook won't boot up beyond checking the USB ports.

Fortunately, I have the vast majority of my files stored on Dropbox. It was dead easy to get back up and running on another machine. I also keep ISOs of install-CDs on there, too, so I don't need to hunt out CDs to install things that need installing.

Why is it that we only learn to put plans in place *after* the need to do it occurs? We never do it before it needs to be done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still reeling from the fact that BMS did not have a back up of your laptop or a new hard drive - come on martin what are you playing at
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, Mrs maggott

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There was a thread recently started by Justin abouot back up software, he recommended sync back which is free and I must say works really well. Have a search for that thread to find out the back up details. With regards to discs, I have the same problem, Craig will testify to that!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    I'm still reeling from the fact that BMS did not have a back up of your laptop or a new hard drive - come on martin what are you playing at
    Must try harder ! :)