Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Wanted Roland versastudio BN-20
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-10-2018, 07:58 PM
  2. Roland or GCC Puma 3
    By colmac01 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2015, 04:17 PM
  3. roland camm 1 cx-24
    By tiamaria in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-03-2015, 07:42 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 09:34 PM
  5. Roland GX-24
    By jennywren in forum Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-10-2010, 09:18 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roland BN-20 Anyone Got One?

I wish I had room for a large format vinyl printer but I don't!

So, just wondering if anyone here has a BN-20 and if so, what are your views on it?

I'm not concerned about metalics really and I know print speed is an issue.

Any info, views or otherwise?

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guilty - had mine installed and did training on Tuesday. Spent the next 2 days embroidering & forgetting everything again.

Hope to have a play with some ideas over the weekend, so we'll see - fingers crossed.

Main comment so far - it's bigger than we thought, needed to use a different desk

Jools

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allegedly the speed issue isn't as severe as has been reported .
    http://youtu.be/tqg7CjGpE1w
    regards, tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a Roland Versacam wide format print and cut with metallic. Same engine just bigger

Roland are the best in the business for machines and after sales service in my opinion. Print and cut is always spot on, Versaworks is nice and easy and am amazed at the number of different substrates I can put through the machine.

Am even about to try magnetic material to print and CUT. If it works with the heavier blade I purchased then fridge magnets kiss cut to shape will be a doddle and I think a good seller.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still running my old faithful PC60 here. Does pure metallics, white is a bit dismal so I don't use that. Had it for a new years now, just waiting for the head to go south - last one cost nearly £500, but has been on there since I got it so not a bad run really.

Had one problem about 3 years ago, glitch in leccy supply cut in and out in quick succession and corrupted the Eprom, rang Roland and they were brilliant in sorting it out over the phone. Kept the instructions in case it ever happens again. Even helped some guy in the States get his up and working again.

Sharon

Sharon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info guys, all very interesting.

I have to make a decision today as I've been offered a good deal, I'm just torn between the BN-20 & the 300!!!

Bugger! I'm so indecisive!
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers an easy one John, what one does the Bank Manager choose :-)
    regards, tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I would go for the BN-20, like Draig I have a PC-60 and its superb, never be doing car wraps on it but for decals its great.
    Never had a real problem only a scare with the printhead which turned out to be nasty Ritrama vinyl not printing.
    Don't think the size will be a problem as long as you keep to T shirt vinyl, decals and pos stickers
    Will last long after its paid for that's for sure with customer back up second to none.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John

Depends what use you want it for.

Have done a couple of tests, really pleased with initial results.

I think the BN-20 is really aimed at the garment decorating side, is your Neoflex not better suited for that?

Metallic in the BN-20 is not advised for garments yet anyway(they say it scratches/washes off) but you can chose which ink combo you have if you are buying new.

It is faster now than when originally released, but if you set it to work while you are doing something else & not just waiting for it you don't notice - cup of tea anybody

Spotted this - might be useful for somebody http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/ro...ter/1001339790

Jools

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we were in the market for the BN20 even went to 2 different demos it didnt take long to realise we would very soon out grow it as you no doubt will
    we went for a second hand roland VP 300. i agree its bigger but with a bit of moving around we got it in.
    what a fantastic machine it is.
    stu
    RICOH GX 7000 ROLAND GX24 ROLAND VP300