Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Posting Mugs
    By dazzul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26-11-2013, 08:46 PM
  2. Posting Abroad
    By mugstar in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-08-2013, 08:31 AM
  3. Posting Mugs..
    By Lee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-05-2011, 04:11 PM
  4. Posting glassware
    By fredster in forum Hints & Tips
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-02-2011, 07:46 PM
  5. Keep Posting ....
    By Stitch Up in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting Tips.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting Tips.

Hi everyone,

I have recently just started sublimation and had a few orders sent out with RM i package them in bubble wrap then put them into posting boxes from bms.

The customer has told me that both mugs received were broken :S

Any tips on the best way to pack them?

Thank you
    Mike

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use the European Extra white cheapies from BMS and also their polystyrene mug boxes. I have never put them back in the bubble wrap and have never had any returned broken. Not sure on how many I have sent out as individuals like this (BMS might be able to confirm how many polystyrene boxes I have purchased over the last 8 months) but I suspect its over 500.

I think you just got unlucky.

Also, ask the customer to send photos of the mug and also the packaging just in case they are trying it on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    get some smash proof boxes... they are tank and postman proof!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was just the cardboard ones i was using. Polystyrene boxes the way to go then.
    Mike

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Without a shadow of a doubt. I have seen somewhere a cardboard box that is postage safe but have never tried them. At approx 30p a box on 100 I have never needed to look elsewhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have only ever had 1 broken and i use bubble wrap and cardboard boxes.... but don't use the bubble wrap with the big bubbles it wants to be the small bubbles.
    the 1 that was broken i asked for a picture to prove it, she said oh ok but as i said i would replace it only once i'd seen the damage.
    after 2 weeks i finally got a picture and you could see it hadn't been done in the post
    but hey ho

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use the poly mail boxes, and then pop them into a sealed bag, and i have had one broken, although when i asked for a photo, it was impossible for them to send to me ?? i said i needed that for my claim, and they said "the chip is so small we will just live with it" which i think sums up why we need to always ask for proof of things arriving damaged
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My customer offered to show me a photo, before i opened it i was just expected a handle to be broken, but both mugs where in bits looked like someone had smashed them onto the floor. I was quite shocked, so i don't no what happen as i thought i packed them quite well. i Think i will have to go with the polys and just use the boxes for people pick up.
    Mike

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I recently run out of polystyrene boxes and had to send out about 10 individual mugs.

I wrapped these in bubble wrap and the final package was a big ball that was about 30cm in diameter. Plus they had the FRAGILE tape all over. Even then one arrived damaged. Polystyrene (or equivalent) boxes are the only way to send them IMHO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I recently run out of polystyrene boxes and had to send out about 10 individual mugs.

I wrapped these in bubble wrap and the final package was a big ball that was about 30cm in diameter. Plus they had the FRAGILE tape all over. Even then one arrived damaged. Polystyrene (or equivalent) boxes are the only way to send them IMHO
    I agree , we tested the poly boxs to destruction (to my daughters delight) we threw it from upstairs windows then used it as a football which my dogs enjoyed thourughly i kicked they fetched after half an hour the poly boxs broke up somewhat but the mug inside stayed intact . Just a note here i know a few postmen and all say what ever you do dont put fragile opn a packet its like a red rag to a bull in the sorting office instead of getting careful treatment it gets worse thats their opinion i suppose they would know !