Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. printer i can use for printable flex??
    By india in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 11:11 PM
  2. Printable Flex - has anyone used it?
    By AdamB in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 24-05-2011, 07:19 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 08:39 PM
  4. Printable Flex - anyone used it?
    By AdamB in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 08:23 PM
  5. Finally getting there but still need help.
    By MissyH in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 01:22 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printable Flex (Finally Used It)

Just thought i would share this.

I brought some printable flex from BSM a few months ago and finally got around to trying it out today.
    The sheets i brought were A4 so easly fitted into my standard Printer (epson dur-brite Ink) I printed via my Cameo machine so i could also get the reg marks so i could cut the outline correctly.

The image i used wasnt that great (dark , old blurry) but thought as it was just for a fun standard joke 18th t-shirt what the hell ill give it a shot.

OK so i printed it up , Cut it out and peeled the cut printed image from its backing sheet
    "now i hear you say , pulled off its backing sheet?"

That right , its very sturdy stuff and doesnt need the sheet to be pressed it doesn't fold , stick or crease like normal flex , you place it obviously printed side up (the adhesive is on the side stuck to the backing sheet) onto the material to be printed and I personally placed some heat proof sheeting over the top to just protect stuff. 15 seconds @ 155 medium pressure , released press checked then further press for 5 seconds.

The over all finish was a easly stuck image vinyl quality and great looking. I will for sure be buying some more of these sheets the finished quality was 100 times what i was expecting.

Unsure if this will be helpful to anyone else but thought i would share anyway.

Lee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Good to know i am after some try out. Please keep me updated howbis it look like after washing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff, whats it like to the touch now it's on please?
    regards, tony

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sits quite nice on the material. Its not heavy at all. It does take on a slight texture of the fabric compared to standard flex(on a Heavy Gildan) but looks fine not noticable. It was a very rough job no hairs or graces nothing special was for a 10 minute prank at a 18th and the picture they supplied was really old and battered , dark etc .. but in theory it works perfect.
    I could imagine with a better image and superior printer you could achieve some very nice designs.

As for washing ill ask them to let me know how it holds up when washed :) and let you know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahboose View Post
    Sits quite nice on the material. Its not heavy at all. It does take on a slight texture of the fabric compared to standard flex(on a Heavy Gildan) but looks fine not noticable. It was a very rough job no hairs or graces nothing special was for a 10 minute prank at a 18th and the picture they supplied was really old and battered , dark etc .. but in theory it works perfect.
    I could imagine with a better image and superior printer you could achieve some very nice designs.

As for washing ill ask them to let me know how it holds up when washed :) and let you know.
    This can be washed up to 80degrees C but we normally say 60 is high enough. Don't know too many people that wash hotter than 50 or 60 these days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any pictures?
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive had slome of this delivered today and am at aloss how to use
    Ive got some from MDP and some from BMS
    confused . com
    the a4 sheets, i put one thru printer and ink just sat wet on it?? printed onto shiny side used my epson sx510, compatible inks (wrong ink im guessing maybe)
    not tried the mdp lot on a roll as confused which is which, ie clear flex, mask?? ive got both i think one is clear and one is clear with white backing??
    i do have an S22 which i use for sublimation (til i replace it as fed up of head cleaning)!! if i put ordinary ink catridges in that will it work???
    or do i need special ink
    sorry for confusion but im blond and i buy then read the instructions and find i am totally lost :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Up View Post
    Any pictures?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by india View Post
    ive had slome of this delivered today and am at aloss how to use
    Ive got some from MDP and some from BMS
    confused . com
    the a4 sheets, i put one thru printer and ink just sat wet on it?? printed onto shiny side used my epson sx510, compatible inks (wrong ink im guessing maybe)
    not tried the mdp lot on a roll as confused which is which, ie clear flex, mask?? ive got both i think one is clear and one is clear with white backing??
    i do have an S22 which i use for sublimation (til i replace it as fed up of head cleaning)!! if i put ordinary ink catridges in that will it work???
    or do i need special ink
    sorry for confusion but im blond and i buy then read the instructions and find i am totally lost :)
    Anyone got any suggestions on this, ive tried printing the other side and that prints but does nothing when i press, so im pretty sure i printed right first time (as above).
    ive just tried the clear printable flex and the sheet just goes thru the printer and does nothing, says paper not loaded correctly (it wont seem to accept the sheet)
    Its the epson SX515W?? help!!!!