Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. What is it called... ?
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-07-2014, 06:47 PM
  2. Is this correct?
    By grobbo in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. What is this called.
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-11-2012, 01:13 PM
  4. Correct word for when you use sublimation on an item
    By WorthDoingRight in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 09:44 AM
  5. What's it called
    By confidential in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-08-2010, 09:36 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with correct size of mug wrap (if that's what they're called?)

Hi All

I have recently purchased a combo 8-1 package from BMS, as part of the package I have received four of these inserts for the mug press. Also included was a box of what is described as 36 European mugs.

I would like to know if the insert that was already in the mug press is the correct one, or if it's one of the other three & you I would establish the correct one. This question is no doubt a no brainer for those established sublimator's but it's all new to me.

Thanks

Eddie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most mug presses come complete with the standard mug element for 10oz/11oz standard mugs - so you should be ok. Just put a mug in the turned off press and clamp it. If the element wraps nicely around the mug and goes from top to bottom then your ok.
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WDR is right.

Your package came with four blankets. Only one of these will fit the standard size mugs that are included in the package and like WDR says it is probably the one that is already in the press. It will be easy to spot and can be broken down as follows:

there are two blankets for conical/latte mugs. These will have a smaller diameter at one end of the blanket to the other. Neither of these are for the standard mug.

there are two blankets for straight mugs and these will have the same diameter at both ends. One is a lot smaller than the other. The one you need to be in the press is the largest one. As WDR says, put a mug in the press as is without turning on, if the press closes easily and the mug sits relatively firm inside the clamp then it is the right one.

good luck with your first mug

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As above 2 of your mug wraps will bee bigger at 1 end than the other these are for latte etc and then you will have 2 normal mug wraps the 1 in the press should have thinner walls than the other thicker walled wrap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MREDD View Post
    Hi All

I have recently purchased a combo 8-1 package from BMS, as part of the package I have received four of these inserts for the mug press. Also included was a box of what is described as 36 European mugs.

I would like to know if the insert that was already in the mug press is the correct one, or if it's one of the other three & you I would establish the correct one. This question is no doubt a no brainer for those established sublimator's but it's all new to me.

Thanks

Eddie
    I believe the mug wrap in the mug press attachment is the largest latte wrap. In the same wrapping as the mug press attachment is a thick blanket which is used for thin mugs. There should be 2 other wraps in the box - one a smaller latte attachement and a thinner version of the thick blanket.

You should be using the thinner version of the non-latte wraps - this will be clear to see when you have them all out. Fit this one and then you'll be able to print the European Mugs perfectly. Settings should be 110 idle temp, 170 operating temp and time 140 seconds. Ensure the wrap is tight around the mug when it is inserted and make sure you fit the blanket in the metal sleeve correctly - it needs to fit inside the metal strips to hold it in place.