Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cameo Blades ..
    By Ravisteam in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 09:33 PM
  2. Cutter Blades / suppliers
    By FutureProject in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-04-2014, 10:09 AM
  3. Anyone know anything about this cutter
    By Dave271069 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 04:36 PM
  4. Replacement Blades - good deal from here
    By mrs maggot in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23-04-2013, 02:49 PM
  5. cutter 48
    By funprint in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-11-2011, 06:45 PM

Thread: Cutter Blades.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cutter Blades.

Hi guys. Im just tinkering with cutting some flock I purchased to play around with. Which blades are preferred for flock? Or does it make any difference? Im asking as I would have thought due to the thickness a lower angled blade would be correct (60º)?
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Arko

Not 100% sure but if it works on the same basis as my Roland then yes.

For Roland they suggest 45 degrees for vinyl etc and then 60 degree for heavier weight items such as magnetic and flock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i had 45 degrees with m cutter and it cutted flock fine. but now i have 60 and it looks like i can cut flock with smaller elements. i dont know if this is down to the knife but both works fine for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60 degs and a slightly greater offset . My Roland is set to .25 for normal and I can ( but never do) change it to .30 for flock. Also flock needs less pressure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    60 degs and a slightly greater offset . My Roland is set to .25 for normal and I can ( but never do) change it to .30 for flock. Also flock needs less pressure.
    I only have a dial pressure knob and its all I suppose a bit of touch-and-go with that.

@Paul... I just read somewhere that it is possible to get a finer detail on flock with the 60 blade.

I got to get some new blades now due to the fact that I started to cut something, left max. pre-paperfeed on (this doesnt automatically reset in SignGo) and the next thing I knew I was cutting into my rail! Soo embarrassed. Any suggestions a a blade set?... Roland?.. or will cheaper ones from fleabay suffice?
    Thanks for the info so far! :)
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrs Maggot posted a site for blades a few months back. Much cheaper than the Roland "origional".
    You are cutting the rail because your pressure is too high and /or the blade is sticking too far out. It only needs to stick out by the thickness of the material you wish to cut.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread about where to buy blades here: http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...=cutter+blades
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooops.. I didnt mean that I had cut deep into the rail, more scratched the surface but the blade seemed to not want to play nice after that. I have had my blades set at the material thickness and the cutter head has a variable floating-type holder... as if it adjusts itself to the material... this is where I have problems sometimes with the pressure dial... it goes upto 10... but I find that between 1 1/2- 2 works fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that link WDR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main reason for using the 60 degree blades is to accomodate thicker materials and with less blade in the material you do as a side benefit tend to get less drag so a cleaner cut on finer detail. The reason that 45 degree blades are used as standard is because more of the blade is used whilst cutting and hence they last longer than 60 degree blades. With vinyl cutters the proof is in the cutting so always worth trying a test cut to see if your cutter copes fine with a 45 degree blade on the material you want to cut and then if results dictate swap to the 60 degree blade.
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right