Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale heatpress and sublimation items plus vinyl items
    By fredster in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 11:01 PM
  2. thicker sub t shirts
    By acetees in forum Clothing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM
  3. found a heatpress
    By Mattie in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 09:51 PM
  4. Jarin Heatpress For Sale
    By Garethbounds in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Heatpress for thicker items

Anyune print the acrylics etc. i.e. 20mm thick items? I can do them on my Adkins with a flat platen I made but thinking about getting a small dedicated press for these, just wondering what folk were using?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive done two in a clam and first time round it wasnt very good but second time round i cranked the pressure up and turned half way through and came out really good but the only problem i did have was when i had a sneak peek to see if image had taken i ripped the paper a bit what caused a bit of a boo boo when finally done and i dropped it as i forgot how hot they are what caused a little chip in the corner but as it was a sample for my self i could live with it, I do think a swing press would be better for this and any other thicker items as the heat would be evenly spread and would get better pressure. Get the smallest block they do and have a play about :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm already printing them, just wondering which specific presses will do them off the shelf :-) Looked at a couple of cheaper ones but told these are no good for blocks.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'm already printing them, just wondering which specific presses will do them off the shelf :-) Looked at a couple of cheaper ones but told these are no good for blocks.
    The swing presses in the combo offerings or the swing press sold alone will do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right at the start I got the larger clam press from BMS with the changeable plates (3 sizes).

If ever I have something thick and bulky I just tend to swap the plate over to the medium one as the plate itself is thinner meaning that I don't have to adjust the pressure to much.

I can't remember what it was but I had to press something that needed to be padded out and was really, really thick - adjusting the pressure to the least I could give and changing the plate to the smallest only just worked and that must have been quite a distance between the 2 items.

But, like you say Justin - if you have the space and press thicker items on a regular basis then a dedicated press will save time and effort :)
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You know my tiny baby press??? You can press it in one of them. Good for smaller items too so good to have so no need to heat your hige atkins :-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    That's part of the thinking Paul, far less power. I thought you mentioned yours did it but when I asked the supplier they told me it deffo wouldn't

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a small swing arm press a lot like Paul's 30 x 38 cm and it will definitely open up enough to take a 20mm block and clamp down.
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i will put bit of wood that measure 20mm and see how easy it can open and close.

will let you know.

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    i will put bit of wood that measure 20mm and see how easy it can open and close.

will let you know.
    I think this will be Paul's next video - how deep an item can you clamp
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right