Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. photos-you-really-need-to-look-at-to-understand
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 08:17 PM
  2. Best Inkjet Transfer method for printing white cotton tshirts??
    By phoenixalpha in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-06-2012, 08:38 PM
  3. Printing to cotton via transfer paper and press
    By Starfront in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 12:18 AM
  4. Versacamm / Digital Printing
    By accdave in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:25 AM
  5. novice trying to understand cutters
    By ady347 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 30-03-2011, 08:18 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help to understand digital printing on cotton

Hi All

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but it does say to use this area if unclear so here goes. I am fairly new to this game & at the moment I am sublimating things like mugs, mouse mats & coasters with a reasonable understanding & results with those products.

I am however wanting to expand into printing funny quotes onto babygrows & bibs. I understand this is a different process called transfer, from what I have learned so far it seems to involve vinyl, vinyl cutting / weeding and seems a bit more involved. I have a company close by me who says they will produce transfers, weed them & apply them to my garments for about £1.50 each.

I have however just watched a Sawgrass Chromoblast video demo which shows a transfer being applied straight to a shopping bag & from watching that video it would appear that no weeding/cutting out was necessary. Could someone please confirm if this is the case & what is required.

I have a standard heat press, I am guessing another printer?, chromblast inks & perhaps a certain paper, any help appreciated, also if anyone knows what an approximate per unit print cost of say a babygrow for example would be.

Hope someone can help me a little.

Regards

Eddie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi MREDD

You are describing two types of personalisation, Vinyl and inkjet transfer.
    There are plenty of threads on here about the merits of each. But, to print onto items for babies I personally wouldn’t recommend either.
    Both of these methods leave something on the surface of the clothing that a baby might chew and could be swallowed or worse still choked upon.
    There are quite a few suppliers that sell polyester bibs and baby grows and that would allow you to use your existing equipment to personalise without any risk to the infant.
    Happy printing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MREDD View Post
    Hi All

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but it does say to use this area if unclear so here goes. I am fairly new to this game & at the moment I am sublimating things like mugs, mouse mats & coasters with a reasonable understanding & results with those products.

I am however wanting to expand into printing funny quotes onto babygrows & bibs. I understand this is a different process called transfer, from what I have learned so far it seems to involve vinyl, vinyl cutting / weeding and seems a bit more involved. I have a company close by me who says they will produce transfers, weed them & apply them to my garments for about £1.50 each.

I have however just watched a Sawgrass Chromoblast video demo which shows a transfer being applied straight to a shopping bag & from watching that video it would appear that no weeding/cutting out was necessary. Could someone please confirm if this is the case & what is required.

I have a standard heat press, I am guessing another printer?, chromblast inks & perhaps a certain paper, any help appreciated, also if anyone knows what an approximate per unit print cost of say a babygrow for example would be.

Hope someone can help me a little.

Regards

Eddie
    You can get bibs and babygrows that are for sublimation printing as well so you don't have to use a different process.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if you want to get into vinyl etc , its not a massive learning curve but you will need a cutter for example a silouette cameo is a great starter cutter. You then cut your vinyl out , weed around the outside of it, and use your heat press to put it on to many other items, you defo won't stick with baby products as t-shirts and hoodies will soon take over.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are also Laser Transers which can be obtained from The Magic Touch. Better than Inkjet transfers in my opinion and if you have the right printer already only needs a box of paper and the heat press you already have to start printing.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imme View Post
    There are quite a few suppliers that sell polyester bibs and baby grows and that would allow you to use your existing equipment to personalise without any risk to the infant.
    Happy printing
    No way would I want to put either of my babies into a poly baby grow. I can't wear a poly t-shirt without turning into a hot sweaty mess, no way would I want to be totally envelopped by the stuff.
    This is pretty much the same opinion of other parents we've spoke to, and why we avoided sublimation baby-grows.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

asadana19 (09-08-2017)