Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Faded areas within print on mugs - PLEASE HELP (Tearing my hair out!!)
    By Fanfare-Print in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24-02-2015, 07:23 PM
  2. Mugs - Colour at top/bottom more often faded than solid
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13-01-2015, 08:56 AM
  3. Mugs - black print faded at the bottom
    By Oaten in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23-04-2014, 09:46 PM
  4. Faded image when pressing mugs
    By maskedhero in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 03:29 PM
  5. FADED washed out looking print at base of mugs, HELP!
    By paula in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16-01-2012, 01:34 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Print faded near bottom of image on some mugs, please advise

Hi All

On some mugs I get either a faded image at the top or bottom (usually bottom) of design & sometimes a thin black line. I don't know if this is an issue with my mug press which is fairly new with light use or if I am making the transfers too large.

I usually leave about 5mm top & bottom but I wonder if this is enough or if the problem is something else, I do try to make sure that the transfer it tightly wrapped around the mug & that the mug is quite tight in the press, I have an Richoh SG3110DN printer & I am pressing at 170 for 140 as various people recommend these times to prevent browning with Ricoh's.

Any pointers or advice appreciated.

Regards

Eddie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MREDD View Post
    Hi All

On some mugs I get either a faded image at the top or bottom (usually bottom) of design & sometimes a thin black line. I don't know if this is an issue with my mug press which is fairly new with light use or if I am making the transfers too large.

I usually leave about 5mm top & bottom but I wonder if this is enough or if the problem is something else, I do try to make sure that the transfer it tightly wrapped around the mug & that the mug is quite tight in the press, I have an Richoh SG3110DN printer & I am pressing at 170 for 140 as various people recommend these times to prevent browning with Ricoh's.

Any pointers or advice appreciated.

Regards

Eddie
    If you're bringing your image in by 5mm and still getting a fade then this is either down to the tightness of the mug press (you should see the mug blanket bend a little over the top and bottom of the mug) or the mugs are bevelling in quite a bit (tighten the mug press or put a straight edge over the mug to see the bevelling - if it is significant then this could be your problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a good read though the forum its a common issue, some people change their mugs at half time (turn upsidedown) but have a good read through and you will see the different ways people have solved this issue - also at this time of year (bloody cold) if you are keeping the mugs in a cold place make sure they are at least at room temp before you start to press
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I had this issue with some mugs recently, I put the mug just an inch or so into the press and heated for 30 seconds before applying the transfer and pressing again. Worked for me but as Martin said it shouldn't be happening that far up from the base really.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

I increased the pressure on the press & that seems to have stopped the fading, but seems to still have a thin black line if any knows what or why that might be, this is about 3mm from the bottom edge of the image.

Thanks

Eddie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    photo of your work will help us have a look, and are the lines in the same place each time ??
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.