Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-02-2015, 01:06 PM
  2. Rookie Mistake!
    By Dave271069 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 09:31 PM
  3. Any information would be a huge help!! thanks!!
    By leanne in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-04-2012, 05:12 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2012, 10:15 AM
  5. a HUGE thank you phoenixalpha
    By Kaz in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 07:53 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear I may have made a huge mistake.

Hi all very new to the whole process and very new to the site, I tend to do things on the spare of the moment and do not always research as much as I should do. Now I know this is my fault and no one else but I am just after a bit of advise now that I have made the basic mistakes!

I am more at home with engraving which i have been doing for years now.

I seem to have fallen into the trap of buying an Epson S22 from THE guy who bundles them into a setup on eBay, I then looked around and found another guy selling a chinese mug press with heat tape, paper and 36 mugs, which i also purchased.

Now I thought I was doing ok and have done a few mugs, very hit and miss one looks great the next terrible with the same settings etc, having got to the point of getting fed up with the terrible ones I stumbled upon this site and started to read all the posts about this printer and mainly this seller.

So at this point my best settings seem to be print, let dry for 10 mins (the ink is still tacky?), use a medium/tight pressure on the press, Preheat the mug in the press for 30 secs, then tape the paper directly to the cup with heat tape, put the mug in the press and close it wait for temp to rise back to 190 c and then set timer off for 195 secs, once finished I take out usually burn my fingers taking the tape off and put in warm water for a minute or so.

I have noticed that if you do not get the paper onto the cup perfectly on the first attempt the ink is still tacky and marks the cup.

So I guess at this point what I am asking is are the terrible ones down to the Printer, the ink, the paper, me, the mugs or a combination of all of them.

I have no ICC profile as this did not come with the printer and to be honest even after reading lots of posts, I am not really sure if I need one?

From what I have seen you are quite a friendly bunch on here so don't hit me too hard and any advise will be muchly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again, thought i would add some pictures of the good, bad and terrible that I have produced, no of which I would be happy to sell, just in case this helps with any advise.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fuzzing is normally due to over 'cooking' your mugs, after a point, the ink will bleed, try shorter times.
    I started with a cheap epson setup, maybe you can learn the tricks with what you have,or maybe you should just spend the money and get a good setup......
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the same stup possibly from the same seller but dont have the redness issue, the redness could be due to pixelation your design as its around the lines mainly, also try having your press a bit tighter lastly if your mug is taking the ink whilst your trying to line up the print the mug is probably too hot at this point as it is most likely the heat that is releasing the ink, all i do is print my image, cut it with a paper guillotine while press is reaching correct temp, i put my print on the mug with heat tape whilst cold and put it in the press so that the blanket is slightly compressed by the mug whilst fastened and set the time for 3 mins, peel straight away and put the mug in luke warm water so it cools down they seem to turn out fine this way the only problem i tend to have is the colours but that is down to the printer, i need a decent profile as the colours never come out right on standard settings either too blue/green or really yellow, i have mine set as yellow -3 and cyan -2 this seems to give me by best colour match on subliprint d88 profile this is all probably wrong by the way but works for me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Change paper is what i would do first. look like you have some high release paper that dont dry.
    Buy express economy paper or bit more expensive truepix or texprint. this should help you a lot. Also change pressure from firm to medium. enough to keep mug not moving... to much pressure also make blurry images!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG