Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Something I never thought about
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 10:43 AM
  2. Cracked it, PU white primer, top coat acrylic
    By tracyreed in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27-02-2015, 04:45 PM
  3. slate cracked
    By harlequeen in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 10:53 PM
  4. A Little thought goes a long way...
    By gstk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  5. Dishwasher Temperatures and cracked mugs
    By John G in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought i had cracked it

hi guys thought i had cracked my printing problems has i created a mug what had come out correct with no fading but i have just printed another mug and got fading again i have increased the time by another 10 secs did another one slightly better iam now on temp 170 time 210 should i increase the time a little more ? the black writing is still ok iam worried about increasing the time further as the reccomended time with a ricoh is 140 but at 140 they are very faint anything else i could try or just keep increasing the time becuase one mug had come out ok i thought i could have left it at those settings

thanks guys

p.s what do you use to clean mug before printing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    maybe there is problem with your heat press? not hot enough??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi paul
    i dont have temp guage so cant check it but being brand new i would expect it to be close to 170 ? when i tried to increase to 185 the black started to go brownish hence thats why i reduced back to 170

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you setting your printer to ceramic?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi martin not seen that setting iam using the sawgrass powerdriver and only setting i have put in trupix paper iam not getting fading all over crisp and clean at the top its just down near the bottom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Untitled.jpg You use the dropdown here to change what you are sublimating

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks viccki we will give that a go i appreciate the help as it is starting to get frustrating lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok changed the setting to ceramic no fading at all but the coulers are lighter than they should be i e dog has dark hair on pic but when put on mug picture is clear but dog has light brown hair a little bit more help and we might be there using photoshop elements 11 just bought and installed not touched any settings thanks guys

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve 1 View Post
    hi paul
    i dont have temp guage so cant check it but being brand new i would expect it to be close to 170 ? when i tried to increase to 185 the black started to go brownish hence thats why i reduced back to 170
    Its only my opinion but i think the problem lies with your press, you say theres no temp gauge on your press? personally id think that you should have this as standard and it does suggest you have a cheap chinease model (feel free to correct me if im wrong) you say being new you would expect the temp to be correct just because its new it doesnt mean the tempriture would be correct from one press to another i have a dual head press from Nova chrome certainly not a cheap press each head has its own temp set differntly so even on an expensive model temps required can vary greatly what press do you have ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi brett thanks very much for your reply. what i meant when i said i had no tempreture guage is i dont have one to check against the reading on the press. my press is a sbo1 which is almost the same as the df1 from bms. i have the ricoh 3110 printer and using trupix paper and correct ink. what happend was i printed my first mug and it was very faint sowe went down the lack of pressure ian and viccki spotted on a photo i posted that the metal plates holding the heat blanket was grabbing the handle and so i could not increase pressure i turned the plates around which allowed me to increase the pressure and i also increased time from 140 ( reccomended ) 180 and apart from the odd blurred patch there was a big improvement. last night it was suggested my powerdrive settings maybe wrong i checked this and i was printing to subli products so i changed this to ceramic i now have a very clear picture but the dark brown on the dogs head is orangy light brown but very clear and no blurry patches. on the paper the dogs head is dark brown and not orangy so i asume iam now printing correctly and maybe have to adjust my time back down iam not sure what to do next once again thanks for the reply