Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. The cheapest t-shirts I can buy.
    By Dave271069 in forum Clothing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27-09-2013, 02:15 PM
  2. The BENEFITS of using SUPPORTED INKS
    By AdamB in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18-11-2012, 03:16 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-05-2012, 07:50 PM
  4. is this the cheapest ?
    By bigj2552 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-02-2012, 09:50 PM
  5. Cheapest Supplier of Flex?
    By Stitch Up in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing miraculous about Ricoh's printers in terms of not being susceptible to clogging
    Well. that's not entirely true - they use gel inks and I think they have larger diam jets/nozzles which helps with clogging issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Which is only about £25 - hardly breaking the bank, or a huge set up cost.

There is nothing miraculous about Ricoh's printers in terms of not being susceptible to clogging
    - Ricoh only get round this problem by the printer running print head clean cycles whilst the printer is on/on standby. So, you're using your expensive ink whether you are printing or not. With Epson printers you do have to look after them yourself in this respect.

Buy too cheap, and buy twice definitely, but there is a good middle ground, where you get to choose which printers fits your actual needs, rather than the few available as supported, and you can choose which ink you want to use, in terms of cost and quality.

We went cheap, and bought second hand large format printers on Ebay, for less than you spend on a Sawgrass warrantied A4 printer. This gave us very good proper professional level printers, along with the option of using commercial level professional inks, and never looked back on the days of struggle with a supposed 'official' Epson 1400 with Sawgrass inks, which was temperamental at best. We now have printers we can rely on for our business.

Try telling that to those who have had to throw their Epson away because of head clogging.......in comparison, when reading forums comparing the reliability of Ricoh over Epson it is a clear cut win for Ricoh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerC View Post
    Try telling that to those who have had to throw their Epson away because of head clogging.......in comparison, when reading forums comparing the reliability of Ricoh over Epson it is a clear cut win for Ricoh.
    lets dont start this again.... there is loads of opinion about ricohs and oher printers....epsons clog... but i prefer get 5 epsons then spend £800 and leave with fear that my machine may never turn on tomorrow....

lets dont start it again.... pandora box :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    lets dont start this again.... there is loads of opinion about ricohs and oher printers....epsons clog... but i prefer get 5 epsons then spend £800 and leave with fear that my machine may never turn on tomorrow....

lets dont start it again.... pandora box :)
    Apologies Paul...I didn't intend to get into the Ricoh/Epson debate again. My reply to the OP was merely trying to point out the pro/con of each. As he is obviously just starting out and by the looks of it needing all the help he can get I thought it might be of help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i think this lisnk willl explain best what printer options Op has :)

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...-Which-Printer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG