Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. MDP transfer papers waste of time and money...
    By soulclaimed in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2016, 09:22 PM
  2. sunangel transfer papers
    By Dave271069 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 22-05-2015, 08:51 AM
  3. Transfer papers for Nylon
    By windyash in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 10:46 AM
  4. Need A4 transfer papers printed ASAP
    By tlworkwear in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-01-2014, 08:23 AM
  5. Heat Transfer Papers - which do you use?
    By barryslip in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-03-2011, 08:43 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any dark transfer papers with stretch?

Hi

I am planning to start printing t shirts using transfer paper and contour cut them with my vinyl cutter however so far I have only tried 3g jet opaque from YOLO and it doesnt have any stretch whatsoever, is there any dark transfer paper that have stretch, 3g jet opaque has a plastic feel, better than subliflock, but still plasticy and doesnt stretch...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you stretching it slightly after pressing ?? while it cools down ?? this helps set the transfer.

thats the downside to this type of transfer im afraid you might be better off getting hold of someone to press you a design printed on a vinyl, someone like rogerc perhaps, he is well priced and then you can see what you think of producing items this way
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a4 vinyl sheets in white that I'm gonna try but will also try the stretching tip just getting used to my cutter

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a vinyl made by Siser that specifically says it is stretchy. I have some of this in stock and can confirm this is the case. Its a bit more of a pain to weed than other materials but the end result is pretty decent.

If you want I can print and cut some for you at a trade price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the same Siser product as you SG and to be honest with a little more blade pressure I don't find it any better or worse than other vinyls. At the risk of teaching 'egg sucking' try upping your blade pressure by about 10gf.

Soulclaimed....the product SG and myself can offer is light, stretchy (it stretches then recovers it's shape) and can be heat pressed onto cotton/polycotton/polyester and lycra so you can see it is quite versatile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Roger

To be honest, I have about 10 meters of it here and once its gone I will probably never purchase again.

Not sure why but I tried everything with this particular product (New blade and Blade Pressure from 30gF to 120GF) and none of them seemed satisfactory to me. As garment transfers are not my main business I am not that worried about it and will eventually pop along to a trade show and speak to graftype direct. Out of interest what force do you use with a new blade, at least then I will know I am about right on pressure?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Hi Roger

To be honest, I have about 10 meters of it here and once its gone I will probably never purchase again.

Not sure why but I tried everything with this particular product (New blade and Blade Pressure from 30gF to 120GF) and none of them seemed satisfactory to me. As garment transfers are not my main business I am not that worried about it and will eventually pop along to a trade show and speak to graftype direct. Out of interest what force do you use with a new blade, at least then I will know I am about right on pressure?
    To the OP sorry to hijack the thread a little.........

SG I spoke to them at the Printwear show, had a demo and liked the product. Since buying it in I spoke to them about which profile to use and they recommended TTRH or THT on Versaworks. I tried that and upped the pressure to about 65gf and not had a problem.

Is your 'cut bed' in good condition?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cut bed is perfect. The machine is only 6 months old and is mainly used for canvas and stickers. I do the occasional garment and it is probably my expectations of the material. Thanks for the info and will give it a try at 65GF

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i have now found that as long as not overpressed 3g jet opaque in fact has a small amount of stretch especially with smaller designs such as text however now my cutter has gone mental and is cutting straight through the paper even though it cut fine with same settings before i reduced to 30 pressure and its still cutting all the way through in some areas and fine in others and then ripping the paper to pieces, swapped blade and its like half a bank card showing from the blade holder and still cutting all the way through i have no idea what is happening as i say some areas cut deeper than others...