Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Black Mugs
    By Ian M in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-08-2011, 07:18 PM
  2. Black mugs...again...
    By chongsta in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2011, 07:46 PM
  3. black mugs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 05:10 PM
  4. Has anyone got any black mugs?
    By JSR in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-11-2010, 11:03 PM
  5. Black Mugs?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-02-2010, 01:54 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoveCut Black Mugs and poor Black

Anybody tried these:
    http://www.lovecut.co.uk/black-11-oz...g-x-36-6-p.asp
    i bought a box, for a order only to find that i can not get Deep / Rich enough black to cover the white panel properly.
    tried 100K Rich Black 100C 100M 100Y 100K + plus another found on here, no joy
    with my normal set up, printer, ink, paper, standard BMS white mugs, 100% Black is Jet black.
    On closer inspection, i dont think the white printing panel is realy white, more of a cream

D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I think you found white mugs jet black as there is nothing to compare to. But o black ones with white panel is.different story. I don't think you find anyone who can actually match this black to submitted black...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not so good for this type of design, but fine for the example on BSM

BSM Black mug.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to use a white mug to run off black test panels. Then you identify which is closest. Then heat your black panel mug to 80c (boiling water in it). Put a black border on your image that overlaps the white panel and black surround. Now you need to make sure your temp and time for these mugs is bang on to optimize your black, and they do respond differently to white mugs. Then you are there. The black overlap border gives you a frame for a slight fudge factor.
    Not saying it is the only way but it worked for me. I have since refused to do them again.
    Not strictly true as I quoted £12 per mug for 72 mugs, buyer collects. He went elsewhere then moaned they were rubbish. I said that was why they cost £12 each for a proper job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    You need to use a white mug to run off black test panels. Then you identify which is closest. Then heat your black panel mug to 80c (boiling water in it). Put a black border on your image that overlaps the white panel and black surround. Now you need to make sure your temp and time for these mugs is bang on to optimize your black, and they do respond differently to white mugs. Then you are there. The black overlap border gives you a frame for a slight fudge factor.
    Not saying it is the only way but it worked for me. I have since refused to do them again.
    Not strictly true as I quoted £12 per mug for 72 mugs, buyer collects. He went elsewhere then moaned they were rubbish. I said that was why they cost £12 each for a proper job.
    Cheers m8, i'll give it one last go, thanks for the tip. were your prints better than my CAVE example?
    D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the cave one looks pretty good - you're never going to be able to match the black on the mug.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I agree I think this is about as good as you'll every get trying to match. Maybe a colour change mug may appeal more? Or just get a load screen printed ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have seen a lot worse (and sent out a lot worse!) than the cave one you have there.

BMS's representation is the ideal format for this sort of mug, i.e. a full colour photograph that covers the entire area. I did some recently for someone like this and they looked the nuts, then I did some for someone else who wanted something similar to Cave and I ended up giving them away as they were so bad!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I have your cave image up. You will be hard pushed to do much better than that. A slight improvement may be possible with my faffing, but I would say not a substantial improvement.

Janners