Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Red Nose Day
    By Mattie in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-02-2011, 07:56 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has any one took advantage of Red Nose Day?

AND BEFORE you read this thinking I'm heartless - by taking advantage, I mean this for the right reasons :)

We created a simple design with a red nose and offered personalised hoodies and t-shirts in various colours, and also teamed up with a local school with the idea.

The designs were far from the official ones and were stated as 'un-official' and from every item sold, £1 went to Comic Relief and if it was a school sale we also put another £1 back into the school.

To be honest, the profit from this was very, very little but it gave us new customers that we hadn't reached and also the opportunity to show the school that we could organise a project (with flyers, order forms etc), raise money for charity and deliver the end product as promised - which will give us a better foothold for future projects.

So, by taking "advantage" of the event, we have raised some cash for Comic Relief, gained more customers and also raised cash for the school :)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appears reasonable enough. I am printing some mugs for a chap who does pet portraits. The draw to win a pet portrait and mug is supported by the local Sainsbury store. So they mentioned that I was supplying the mug. It isn't a big advert in the store, but every little helps.

Janners.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi AdamB
    we try to honour the spirit of charity events by donating a pound (or more) per garment when asked to do things, but I have not put much effort into communicating the idea, so it is just a little.
    How has your campaign faired? - the publicity opportunity does mean that you can justify little/no profit, and you could get access to a great new market.
    PM me if you don't want to go public on this, and I will share my experiences by pm back
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi buddy - the 'campaign' worked well in all areas to be honest.

I knew that I would be investing a lot of 'time' into this with little actual profit but I always think about the future and we have already had regular orders from people that go to school with our kids but [quote] "didn't realise that we did that kind of thing" (lol).

It's one thing to advertise but to actually provide a product that someone can look at and feel is another thing entirely and we do lots of flyer handouts etc but this has proved more beneficial to us (business wise).

Plus, we raised come cash for the school and Comic Relief which means everyone was a winner.

And, we have had a few more schools get in touch with us about future 'projects' after seeing this one work for all parties concerned.

(on the negative side - and I say this in jest - it was an awfully tiring week, felt like I'd been hit by a bus on Saturday morning - lol)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)