Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. VAT on Postage
    By ferret in forum Clothing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 05:57 PM
  2. new FVF charges on ebay
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-07-2013, 10:57 PM
  3. Suppliers postal charges - a fortune!
    By phoenixalpha in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 16-02-2012, 11:55 PM
  4. Abandoned shopping carts - 43% abandon due to postal charges - article
    By mrs maggot in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM
  5. Rip off Postage Charges
    By mysticalvibes in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The small parcel rate is only for parcels that are Length: <=45cm Width: <=35cm Depth: <=8cm Weight limit: <=2kg
    my posts must be invisible

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, true there is 1 exception 16x16x16cm box.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    there.is.another.exception.-.postal-tubes....(sorry.space.bar.bust.on.this.machine!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    my posts must be invisible
    as are mine :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently now looking at vacuum sealers !!!
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read through this thread and there seems to be a glaring thing that perhaps i've misunderstood - you are all fussing about counter services and prices which whilst the prices increase the service sizes are being restricted (small parcels/medium parcels).

As an account customer whilst the prices are rising, the size restrictions are not the same http://www.royalmail.com/business/he...weight-formats and it has the added benefit of the prices being considerably cheaper than franking and counter services.

Whilst i'm anti the price rises I in many ways welcome the size restrictions on counter services as it will push the ebay cowboys and cheap and nasty home bedroom traders out of the market, allowing us who run proper businesses who pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service and top quality products a chance to continue without every tom, dick and harry coming along and offering a mug for 50p including postage or a phone case for 99p delivered - but in essence offering utter crap devaluing the work we all do and giving us all a bad name as the products really dont last and arent worth buying.

Just my thoughts :)

P.S. - There are couriers out there who are not more than 30p more than RM prices for parcels, something to consider if you shift enough volume to have an account with them :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smo View Post
    cheap and nasty home bedroom traders out of the market, allowing us who run proper businesses who pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service and top quality products a chance to continue without every tom, dick and harry coming along and offering a mug for 50p including postage or a phone case for 99p delivered - but in essence offering utter crap devaluing the work we all do and giving us all a bad name as the products really dont last and arent worth buying.

Just my thoughts :)
    Sorry SMO, but can I just state that NOT every home business is cheap and nasty.. and I hate people who think that just because you work from home, you don't do it properly..

I run from a bedroom admittedly.. but my business is totally legit and has been for 6 years, insured and I provide customer service that means I get repeat business from that.. I also charge prices that are reasonable and as far as I am concerned don't devalue anyone else as I only buy the best blanks I can and charge not only for that but my time also.

I agree that some people out there do it as a hobby just to make a little extra and are more than happy to devalue those who do work hard.. but I don't think that means that I don't run a PROPER business just because I don't have a B&M shop !!
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S. - There are couriers out there who are not more than 30p more than RM prices for parcels, something to consider if you shift enough volume to have an account with them :)
    Not where I am - here in Northern Ireland we get charged up to 100% more to bring goods in from the mainland and about 50% more to send them back to the mainland when we use a courier.

I agree that having a business account may be the way forward (I used to have account when I lived in England and ran another business).

PS Tell the lady that runs The Cambridge Satchel Company that running a business from home is cheap and nasty. She started her business from her kitchen table and now look at her!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im a legit business i have a physical shop as well as online one of my big sellers on line were golf umbrallas which cost 5 quidish to post due to the changes these will now cost 15 quid to post or 10 quid if i use a courier i wonder smo how your theory applies to me ??
    sorry i see what you are saying about the small hobby flyby nights but rm have over done it this time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that set the cat amongst the pigeons didn't it!!

I NEVER said ALL home business were shoddy fly-by-nights, but there are a lot of them and thankfully this price increase will put an end to a lot of them. This can only be good for all those who acually work in the industry and dont just do it as a hobby on the side for extra cash (nod nod, wink wink).

We've been in business 21 years and have to fight hard to retain our position in the marketplace and continue to evolve new products and processes to remain competitive - but what we wont do is go cheap and nasty. We only use the best equipment, properly trained and experienced staff and top quality raw material and blanks so cant compete with bedroom traders who buy a case of cheap mugs from china, use a butchered home printer and unlicensed dye-sub ink to churn out rubbish for 99p.

ASLCreative - we post to NI reguarly - it costs no more than anywhere else in the UK with RM as you have a postcode!

Purple Dragon - I guarentee you can post them for less than that, in fact less than you used to pay. I'm not entirely sure on the weight of a golf umbrella but we were quoted £1.95 for a 750g parcel with a big UK courier just last week.....there is definately room for improvement on your prices :)