Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no more brothers !

thats it ! me and those printers friendship is over.
    had a busy run today with orders - bang, the printer that does all the invoicing/paper work ect, paper jammed - AGAIN !
    surly not again, this will be my 3rd brother that has done this.
    carefully pulled out paper - reset - beep beep beep - paper jam....thats it...i knew it piece of....JAM JAM JAMMMMED, with nothing in it jamming it....same as last time.

knackered - had to do invoicing with plain paper and my sub inks...no choice
    back up to city tomorrow - lucky got this 3 yr what ever happens thing from pcworld - I WILL NOT be getting another brother printer -

you guys want to know the really stupid thing here ? the other 5910dw brother with the thick SUB INKS in it, has worked perfect from day 1...
    yet, the one with the ordinary inks has all the bother...

going for an epson workforce or similar this time around, see if i have any better luck there

and...............to really cheese me off today - my George Foreman grill went tits up as well...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    and...............to really cheese me off today - my George Foreman grill went tits up as well...
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That would surely ruin my day as well - printers are expected to 'act up' but food is a necessity should not be toyed with :)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That would surely ruin my day as well - printers are expected to 'act up' but food is a necessity should not be toyed with :)

lmao - got a new GF grill today...cant do without it - see the amount of crap that comes out of food when you cook with this thing...unreal !

and

got another printer - went up looking to buy an epson workforce - NONE in stock - we can sell you an HP - bloody sure you dont m8.
    ok, since i have no option, i suppose i will have to take the same model again....

oh no sir, thats not on offer just now, thats £179, you bought it when on offer @ £99, so we can only offer you replacement up to £99...oh for goodness sake

well after a look around the shop, i found another printer...

ANOTHER BROTHER ....the next one UP from the one i had - MCF-J6510DW
    had to add another £49 but rahter that than pay another £79 and still get the same model back home.
    So lets see how long this one lasts without a paper jam

now the remaining brother will not be as lonely

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm I would have thought your policy covered you for replacement of your printer with one the same, or cash difference to upgrade. I had a similar situation a few years ago. I had a quick chat with the manager, asked for his full contact details, then explained I was going to upgrade and pay there and then, but I was going to claim through the small claims court for my losses, including my time. Asked for some paper, wrote him a very brief note, with those basic details on it, and promptly handed it to him. By the time I had got the other printer and made it to the checkout he had changed his tune. This was PC World.
    He did actually say he had phoned Head Office thinking he was correct, but they said that I the customer was right.

A happy conclusion.

So now write them a letter (FSB very helpfull) keep it simple and see what happens. Trading Standards very helpful on these things as well. For 30 minutes of your time you could be somewhat better off.

Carefull though if the printers mate you will have them everywhere!

Janners.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    paper jams usually down to bad paper, it can be very sensitive to humidity so keep it wrapped up, it does have a print first side too!
    expensive 100gram is always more reliable than cheap 80g
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK you got another printer...but I have to ask what are you paying the 'extortionate' insurance for? It seems to me that there is something not quite right here and if it was me I would be having words with the manager. Looking at their 'whatever happens' policy there doesn't appear to be anything about 'sorry that was on special so we won't replace it'. It does say:
    Quote:
    We'll fix or replace it
    If we are unable to repair, we’ll replace it with the same or similar product.
    Unquote.

No mention of same or similar 'price'.........Manager time maybe?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerC View Post
    OK you got another printer...but I have to ask what are you paying the 'extortionate' insurance for? It seems to me that there is something not quite right here and if it was me I would be having words with the manager. Looking at their 'whatever happens' policy there doesn't appear to be anything about 'sorry that was on special so we won't replace it'. It does say:
    Quote:
    We'll fix or replace it
    If we are unable to repair, we’ll replace it with the same or similar product.
    Unquote.

No mention of same or similar 'price'.........Manager time maybe?

that WAS the manager

@logo - copy paper can be printed on any side i was lead to believe over the yrs..there aint no right way up for it
    and i aint spending silly money on expensive copy paper when its just for invoices and other boring paper work...dont see the point really !

@janner - TBH i,m happy here why ? cause i got a £249 printer for £49 extra on top of the sale price i got my original 5910dw @ £99(normally £179)

she said i was just "unlucky" as not many people came back with faults on the brother printers...unlucky ! you dont say

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there is the most important factor of all ....... you are happy. Printer and grill what more could a man want?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    that WAS the manager

@logo - copy paper can be printed on any side i was lead to believe over the yrs..there aint no right way up for it
    and i aint spending silly money on expensive copy paper when its just for invoices and other boring paper work...dont see the point really !

@janner - TBH i,m happy here why ? cause i got a £249 printer for £49 extra on top of the sale price i got my original 5910dw @ £99(normally £179)

she said i was just "unlucky" as not many people came back with faults on the brother printers...unlucky ! you dont say
    Having just read this reply I can now see why you are a happy chap......ignore my previous post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RogerC View Post
    Having just read this reply I can now see why you are a happy chap......ignore my previous post
    just to add - "extortionate insurance" you said ??

@£22 for 3 yr what ever happens to the printer...and i mean anything - it goes back for instant replacement - or upgrade, or downgrade if i want.

for this type of business, this kind of warranty made perfect sense here to me