Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. what software
    By george in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 09:51 PM
  2. Which software?
    By twinsgran in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-11-2012, 12:21 PM
  3. what software
    By funprint in forum Software
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31-01-2012, 06:20 PM
  4. sign software and surname software query.
    By sarahjayne in forum Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 05:34 PM
  5. Help what software!!!
    By Cheshire cat in forum Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 08:33 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will old software do the job?

Hi to you all, new around here just popped a hello in the intro board.

We are just getting all our sublimation goodies this week and I'm now looking at the software. I know packages have been discussed on here Ive had a read, but I want to know is an older less whistles and bells version of Corel ok for Sub printing?

I use X4 at the min on the plotter/cutter so hoping it will be ok to use for this too. I dont mind getting Photo Shop Elements if needed, but dont really want to get the full version if I dont have to.

Any thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Will this do the job?

Hi Louise,
    I'm sure some will say you need the newer software but I just use the very old PHOTOSHOP ELEMENT 2 and it does everything I need it to do. Why spend money on new software if the old does the job perfectly.
    Ray

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

hi Loise! I cant see the problem with using older version of corel. but ! think I am not sure about is from whitch version corel was suported by sawgrass. so. if there is the way to install and configurate ICC profile then I dont see the problem :)
    but Ilets wait what the other people say on here as I dont use corel often so dont know for sure ;)

Paul

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R.Prints
    Hi Louise,
    Why spend money on new software if the old does the job perfectly.
    Ray

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Will old software do the job?

Thanks for the quick replies. Had a look at elements and as it wasnt too pricey I got it, I think it will be better than Corel, thats a bit complicated I think. I was just a bit worried I would need the full version of Photo shop or Corel to do things, so mind put at rest, thanks.

Also I like the look of your templates Paul so I can use it for them too. 8-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I use Corel X4 for pretty much everything. Also use Adobe CS3 but for what I need Elements seems to work fine.

Certainly Corel X4, X3, v10/11/12 are all supported by Sawgrass. Elements 6 & 7, Photoshop & Illustrator CS2/3/4 and Photoshop 7 all have setup files on the Sawgrass CD.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elements will be fine - it is the ability to handle the ICC profile that is important. The more advance packages give you lots of bells and whistles, but if you're just cropping and printing jpgs with some basic features then Elements is ideal (and cheaper!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone. Ive wasted a whole afternoon messing about with elements, its rather good. Ive even started to make some new pictures for the front of Gooseberry web site, having a lot fun with it.

Glad to hear I didnt need anything expensive, some of the compaines I spoke to seemed to suggest you needed the expensive stuff. :roll: