Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Show off section.
    By dazzul in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 10:37 PM
  2. For sale section
    By John G in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 05:42 PM
  3. Fonts Section?
    By gtd91 in forum Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-08-2011, 09:44 AM
  4. Progress update!
    By SciArtImages in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

New FAQ Section in progress

Just a quick post to let everyone know about a new section that's being worked on. I've been looking into this for some time now and having discussed with a few other members to get some direction it's all starting to take shape.

The idea behind this section is that all of the regular questions asked, what printer, what press, what inks, what's a profile...and so on will all be answered in the one area. I've been looking into a Wikipedia style interface for this for some time so it may take shape in this form but final decisions haven't been made yet.

Whilst not wanting to discourage new questions being posted, the idea is members can be quickly pointed to this section for immediate answers.

If anyone has any further ideas on this or would like to know more just drop me a PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a very good idea.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Brill - very good! :-)
    If it is wiki style, can there be some control/moderation, or even an 'approval' process, so that newbies can't edit things to be untrue/incorrect/bad advice?
    On the lines of ICC profiles, can there be a section showing how to set up colour management within PS/Corel etc in general along with the printer profile bit - explaining that a working space ICC is not a printer profile, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Editing and new articles will be done by just a few people tops. The idea is to create more of a subli specific FAQ section rather than have a Wiki style where anyone can edit.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a Wishlist based website on Wordpress? This would allow for more flexible layouts, better articles and graphics styles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is a no no with me. But I'm happy for a wishlist! Will put it....onto my job list ;-)
    Last edited by Justin; 14-04-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justin

WishListMember websites are so easy to create and edit. WishList have great video tutorials to help you every step of the way. You can set different levels and run discussion forums and add content for different levels. The cost is low and it has been tried and tested by thousands of people. Wordpress based websites are very Google friendly, (although your ranking for this niche is already high). Please don't rule it out. I have HTML websites as well (still running from years ago) but my new sites are Wordpress based. BTW - enjoyed your feature in the March issue of P&P.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Not really looking at combining Wordpress with VBulletin but thank you for your input anyway :-) I have a few solutions that I'm working through right now. We can managed everything that the WishList does by the looks of it internally.
    Last edited by Justin; 14-04-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We're getting a list of topics together but if anyone can think of anything that would be useful please let me know :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pisquee, it would be very helpful if you might Pm justin your wording for setting up the colour management etc, the idea behind these sections is that those people with knowledge on certain subjects help write an easy to read article, and you are certainly a font of knowledge on that
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.