Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale selling everything off
    By colglyn in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-11-2014, 05:11 PM
  2. ebay mugs
    By stuart in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-05-2013, 07:00 AM
  3. Everest Mugs On Ebay
    By Bob700 in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-09-2012, 08:58 PM
  4. who wants to be a millionaire
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-12-2009, 07:26 PM
  5. What's Selling Just Now?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipdorf View Post
    . How come people seem more interested in the "Get Rich Quick" details than posting helpful information to this thread?
    Because...and I say with with the greatest respect, the title of your thread was "How To Become A Millionaire Selling Mugs on Ebay"

I'm not sure asking experienced members to share their knowledge is the best thing. They've worked hard to get where they are, why give this info. to potential competitors?

Just my opinion of course :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipdorf View Post
    How come people seem more interested in the "Get Rich Quick" details than posting helpful information to this thread?
    I would take a guess that the thread title might have something to do with that. Sounds like you were going to be selling an ebook on 10 simple steps to retire in 1 year type of thing ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm too sllow typing again and Justin beat me!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Because...and I say with with the greatest respect, the title of your thread was "How To Become A Millionaire Selling Mugs on Ebay"

I'm not sure asking experienced members to share their knowledge is the best thing. They've worked hard to get where they are, why give this info. to potential competitors?

Just my opinion of course :-)
    Ditto!

And, just for the record - I know a couple of members of this fine forum are 'trade' suppliers. When I mean trade suppliers I mean they get through big orders daily, something that I would not be able to achieve as I have a large number of products that I bounce between.

However, I have used one of the 'big hitters' (as I like to call the trade suppliers - lol), and met them face to face picking up and order - what a very nice chap and he showed me around the HQ and even gave me a few tips which I was very, very appreciative for. I don't want to mention who it is as they may like their anonymity but you know who you are :)

What I'm trying to say is that I have a few 'tricks up my sleeve' that keeps me unique - yeah I'll answer posts on why a mug doesn't transfer correctly and help/advise where I can but I'd be a fool to give everything away. I don't mind helping someone get a good toolset but giving them a numbered instruction sheet ............... oh no :)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think there was a thread sometime back where the member can rem who was boasting of selling a grands worth per month , it turned out that every mug was a copyright violation so yeah you can make a lot of money quickly selling one direction or take that mugs or whoevers popular right now. but how long you get away with it is another thing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    think there was a thread sometime back where the member can rem who was boasting of selling a grands worth per month , it turned out that every mug was a copyright violation so yeah you can make a lot of money quickly selling one direction or take that mugs or whoevers popular right now. but how long you get away with it is another thing

thing is brett, these folk ARE getting away with it - ebay don't give a toss, just want there fees
    and it dont seem to be changing anytime soon either

same as the sellers that list the same products 5/6 times over -same text, same pics - so they got the first 5/6 slots at the top first page - like i said - ebay dont give a toss only want your fees
    Last edited by bigj2552; 14-04-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it benefits anyone to expose their niche market
    How many of YOU want to discuss your best income streams on an open forum like this?
    By listing all buying and selling prices/costs on an open forum you are doing exactly what you're saying not to do.

Nobody is going to be a millionaire selling just mugs alone - but by listing what you have, you're giving ideas to all the cowboys and numpties out there that want to make some beer money and will sell at pennies rather than pounds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    thing is brett, these folk ARE getting away with it - ebay don't give a toss, just want there fees
    and it dont seem to be changing anytime soon either

same as the sellers that list the same products 5/6 times over -same text, same pics - so they got the first 5/6 slots at the top first page - like i said - ebay dont give a toss only want your fees
    Oh i agree whole heartedly infact id go even further to say that ebay do not want the likes of us on their site see previous posts on ebay changes, the point i was making is that i could go on shove a load of mugs up with doctor who or hello kitty etc on them and make a quick killing. Ebay dont give a toss you are right but the copyright holders do and they do activly search these people out allediglly i have fallen foul to a warning letter on a copuple of occassions once from harley davidson and once from man utd both times were items i had designed and i thought i was ok regarding copyright but i soon found i wasnt . I found it quite interesting on one sellers page they had a disclaimer at the bottom of a listing for a hello kitty mug which stated "these pictures are taken from public domain and are not copyright " That person is gonna be in for a shock as they certainly are copyright protected regardless of where the images came from . I spoke to the people who hold the rights to grant a license for hello kitty recently with a view to being licensed they wanted between 30 and 40 k upfront before i even started i laughed at him and told him theres no way id even consider this whilst theres plenty of people selling the goods unlicensed whats the point? after all id have to charge a premium to make it worth while and whos gonna pay 5 quid for a mug when they can get the same one for 3 quid he asked who was selling them i told him to put hello kitty in ebay search it aint difficult . as a point of iterest theres only 4 license holders for hello kitty goods in the uk so if you are selling them on your website i hope you are 1 of the 4 or there could be a knock at the door one day the guys there told me they dont warn anymore they go straight to court

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for starting this thread and putting down the costs so clearly, perhaps every newbie to the industry should read this BEFORE they buy the kit!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly the opposite I'm afraid LB - they see 86p profit and think they'll sell enough for a Friday night down the town.