Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Roland VersaCAMM SP540i - Includes Media - Take-up - Bulk Ink
    By WePrintForYou in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2015, 11:05 AM
  2. Uniform Cadet (Roland Versacamm)
    By Dave271069 in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 26-11-2013, 07:57 PM
  3. Roland Versacamm Plotter/Printer
    By gstk in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13-04-2011, 11:15 AM
  4. isn't it cheap ?? (ROLAND VERSACAMM)
    By kris_hm in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roland VP300 Versacamm and Roland BN desktop

I have been hankering after one or other of these for a while now but I havent had the cash and am bothered I will buy one and not be able to justify the expense after purchase.

Some questions I would appreciate answering. (please only people who actually own one or other and actually use it - I can read reviews on my own)

The full format VP300 v The BN - is the only difference really the size print? Or are there a lot more differences
    Can you print banners on the VP
    Could you print direct to canvas on the BN?
    What quality of print would it produce - could you feasibly print and frame a picture for sale?

Would anyone be willing to give up a couple of hours and let me and my partner come and see what they do using artwork we have and answer all the stupid things you never think of if you go for a demo. ideally within 100 miles of South Lincs AND more importantly we will pay you for your time. In my view I would rather spend £200 now to avoid wrongly spending a lot lot more. PM me if you would prefer to be discreet.

Cheers

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi GS

I live in Wisbech (north Cambs, PE13) and own a VS300 configured for metallic and white ink. You are more than welcome to come and visit and run a few samples of the sort of thing you are looking at producing.

In answer to your questions, the BN has exactly the same technology as the larger machines it just has a smaller footprint and less printing width capability.

You can print good quality canvas prints etc on these machines, but if I were to be honest. If that is all you are intending to do there are cheaper machines out there that are just as good. I love these machines and the beauty of them is that they can print and cut in one go and also the huge range of material that is available.

PM me if you want to pop over and we can arrange a time and date, I work from home so am available pretty much anytime.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've been pricing these two machines up myself this week. Really keen to get a BN-20 so reading reviews everywhere. The 300 is a cracking machine for the price I've been quoted but for what I want I think the BN-20 would be fine.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Justin, just like everything in life you always want bigger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm saying nothing...nothing! lol.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i was thinking to geting BN-20 for myself. But This after i start my business that is in the air now... I will be made redundant soon so looking to this every day...

sorry for hijacking tread but what is the cost involved of having bn-20? I know inks and media. but waste inks tank? easy to het? expensive to maintenance? printing heads?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in the market for BN-20 but everywhere we went we were told the same thing.fantastic machine but we would grow out of it very quickly,to slow and not as wide as the rolands.we went with a secondhand VP300 cost the same as a new BN but we have never looked back
    all i can say to you is its your choice.
    stu
    RICOH GX 7000 ROLAND GX24 ROLAND VP300

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BN is really slow, and I mean dog slow and the white ink is just not opaque enough and adds even more slowness to the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I've been pricing these two machines up myself this week. Really keen to get a BN-20 so reading reviews everywhere. The 300 is a cracking machine for the price I've been quoted but for what I want I think the BN-20 would be fine.
    If your looking at new then the mimaki-cjv60 is a good option at 6k+ VAT and uses the new DX5 print head and is print and cut.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think speed is my main concern. I don't personally want to do large vehicle graphics, just shirt transfers, smaller stickers etc. but if it's really that slow it'll drive me mad. I guess this is the trade off.

I've been quoted £4795+vat for the BN-20, £7600+vat for the SP300i. The latter obviosuly being a bigger machine but is that really worth the additional money?