Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Who here prints wide format?
    By Andrew in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 11:22 AM
  2. Wide Format - Available Options
    By Justin in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 06:40 PM
  3. Wide Format or not??
    By Richeyg in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 03:18 PM
  4. New A3 or Used wide format..?
    By JMugs in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-07-2013, 11:53 AM
  5. Wide format printing
    By purpledragon in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have sold many flags over the last 5 years (imported with finished print) on the 5'x3' size and there is give in the material when stretched out to full size. The larger the flag the more give and more chance of movement I would have thought. At the end of the day, you guys would have more experience than most by the sounds of it the the set-up you have. I have had the rippled type of blowout on large items under a flat press but I would have thought a rotary would avoid that. It just looks like a fold in the material as passing through but I guess you would see a crease as well then. I was about to start investigating buying a rotary but you are starting to put me off now. I know who to contact now though if I do get basic problems on one ;-)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Think we're needing a wide format section on here.
    Our rotary press (HeatJet 43) was delivered this week, but not had time to get it up and running yet.
    Took another wide format Epson (9600) yesterday, but that's needing a good clean before it'll be ready

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    To me that just looks like the material was not totally flat under the heat source. The larger the material the harder to keep it going through evenly on a rotary. I guess there are limitations on size and you have found it. Never used a rotary myself but recognise those markings from other products and it basically comes down to lack of direct contact.

Sounds like you have a good operation there. I need to be doing flags here so pity you are US based. Only one or two companies in the UK and they have the market sewn up. Talking of sewing, do you cut and sew stuff as well?
    I do cut and see blanks and finished goods. I'd be happy to discuss some biz with you. Certainly capable of shipping across the pond. PM me if you want to discuss.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarFlagMaker View Post
    Have a question for people who print wide format banners. How often do you have to rerun prints due to images blowing out? We experience this more than I'd like to recount and at the point where I believe it's not possible to do this. Just curious if this is an issue for others and if not I'd like to hear how you're accomplishing it.

Thanks
    I run a D-Gen dye sub direct to fabric printer. I have found it impossible to print color on white background on flag material without blowout. I will waste 50 feet of flag to get a ten foot print.