Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Custom mug marketing images
    By FlyingAl in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 24-05-2016, 01:14 PM
  2. custom ICC profile?
    By 2BPrint in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 01:43 PM
  3. custom work
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-04-2013, 11:40 PM
  4. Custom sub blanks
    By PeteL in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM
  5. 3rd party ink and custom ICC
    By Paul in forum Reviews Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 09:24 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom cut FRP blanks?

Does anyone know what is applied to FRP to make it suitable for sublimation?

I have a customer that requires double sided labels with a hole for hanging. The large luggage tags were used initially and, whilst the print quality is fine, they are really a bit too too small and thick. I was thinking of posting something on FreeIndex to see if any plastic manufacturers are able to produce custom cut FRP - but I know that some sort of polymer resin is applied to the FRP to make it suitable for sublimation. Double-sided aluminium would also be good but I haven't seen this available anywhere either. Failing that, does anyone know of any alternative off-the-shelf products that might fit the bill? I'm only looking for small-ish volumes (maybe 100 a year).

Thanks!
    Discofish Designs Ltd. |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    coralgraph and others sell a fluid you apply to products to make it suitable, never used it myself, but its been discussed on here before
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Laura - I can pass the details on to plastic manufacturers but don't fancy the DIY approach with this stuff. It looks far too messy and complicated!

I might have found a simpler solution; I've remembered that I have some of the compressed fiber coasters from BMS. I haven't tried printing them before but if the quality of small-ish text is good enough and they can be cut/punched cleanly then I could get two labels out of a single placemat.
    Discofish Designs Ltd. |
    |