Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New Weeding Tool.
    By NikGrey in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-04-2014, 06:04 PM
  2. weeding and lighting
    By viccar in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 06:32 PM
  3. Why do I do it ............... ! (weeding)
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-05-2011, 03:59 PM
  4. what if you miss a bit of weeding
    By smitch6 in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-04-2011, 09:30 PM
  5. self weeding flock and self weeding paper
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self Weeding Transfers (LoveCut, Yolo)

I have had a snoop but cant find many reviews on the self weeding transfer paper.

I am looking into this as ideally I want to print on cotton and dark colours.

I have noticed there is a self weeding paper for lights and dark's (using a laser printer) so my questions are as follows:

How do these wash up?
    How do they feel on the material?
    What laser printer is recommended?

I would say cotton and dark printing would only be about 20/25% of my business so ideally don't want to spend a fortune on cutters etc. My market is mainly hens / stags so the durability is not really a mega issue.

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Jo
    Last edited by joeyr69; 03-05-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also forgot to mention that my prints are not very often photo prints, just basic colour designs so would any colour laser printer do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The better quality the laser the better quality the output. You only get out what you put in so whilst "any" laser printer will do a better quality is obviously er....better!

We like to use OKI lasers for all colour work both in print (on the few lasered products - most is litho based) and with the garment side of things and have a whole range of models.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used self weeding paper (kissCut) & found that it doesn't quite do the job, however my designs did consist of quite fine line work, would imagine on a bulkier design that it would be great & would recommend KissCut papers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yolo and others will send you out sample packs - that way you can try for yourself, and run some wash tests - and be 100% happy before you go ahead and sell items
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not every laser printer will work, you will need to check with each supplier of paper if a particular printer will work.

If you are not doing that many dark garments then perhaps the old WOW system from TMT will be suited. Its a bit of a faff to master but once mastered it does wash well and works. TMT will be happy to demonstrate in their showroom I think. You will need an excellent good quality heat press to use WOW paper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not dark but here is one i printed yesterday, using TMT LASER TRANSFER PAPER, 580623_202787509845487_783694447_n.jpg
    I have just purchased a OKI C610, At he moment im playing around with some sample paper they sent with it i will then buy some as i like the feel and it looks good IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have tried the so-called 'self weeding' laser papers, and never found them quite good enough......the white T's product is a lot more expensive, and on the right cotton tops, the 'polymer window' effect is negligible.
    For the darks I found that the process didn't work for most typical artwork, and is nothing like the effects obtained by TMT wow, - especially using the white laser printer, - were the results are simply stunning.
    You feel like a magician peeling and relieving the new wow!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks good Dave. Did you use the WOW paper? What heat press do you use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smo View Post
    The better quality the laser the better quality the output. You only get out what you put in so whilst "any" laser printer will do a better quality is obviously er....better!

We like to use OKI lasers for all colour work both in print (on the few lasered products - most is litho based) and with the garment side of things and have a whole range of models.
    do you use the OKI white printer?...if so..the A4 or A3?

thanks
    Dave