Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. AAAArrrrghhhh Customers on Ebay
    By derek in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-07-2014, 12:15 AM
  2. Customers...you have to smile!
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 07:57 PM
  3. customers uploading pics
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-02-2012, 01:01 AM
  4. Can anyone print an iPad pouch for one of my customers?
    By barryslip in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-06-2011, 09:41 PM
  5. Why oh why when its a customers own clothing!
    By Louise in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 11:13 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you do if customers say print however you think looks best?

Hi

i have recently began printing with transfers and vinyl, done a few little jobs here and there however a number of people have been saying can you print text saying blablabla on the front and whatever other text on the back giving no idea of layout and if i say so do you want the text on 2 lines or how big do you want it or what sort of area do you want it to cover/ where abouts on the shirt the response i get is however you think looks best.

How do i deal with this, at the moment im sending them mockups on a tshirt template that i drew up which seems to work after a while but its a little time consuming when they look and say can you send some different ones...

I'm not charging for designing so i have to ask the question, what do you guys do?

or should i continue doing it the way im doing it?

Thanks

Tony

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, here's my process:

Put at the bottom of the garment template - 'Artwork not to scale, print size relationship may change depending on the size of the garment. Colours shown are a close representation of print colour. Variations of up to 5% in size are considered acceptable.' (or something along those lines) Add in the exact dimensions of the print, so they can't argue when they get the garment. If they want to check the size, they can always hold a ruler against a t-shirt they own. I go by 235x235mm as it's half the width of a 500 roll, and that works for me anything from XS to 4XL. Spread £5 over the total job for 30 minutes of time for visuals. Do four visuals for free, the rest are charged at £15 a time. It'll help them make up their mind pretty quickly!

But I always, ALWAYS, send a visual and quote the print size, then they HAVE to approve it. It's saved us so many times, as someone who thinks they can get one over on you just because they 'forgot to add', 'didn't look at the size', 'didn't check the visual', 'made assumptions', etc. We've had them all! I just realised I typed all that and it isn't actually what you asked. :s

Anyway, if they don't know what they want, I crack them out in Arial as large as the quote allows, then they come back with, I wanted it with flowers on the 'i's, or bolder, or italic, or neon pink. Most will know what they want, they just don't know it until they have the starting point to work from.

Best of luck,
    J.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so it sounds like im somewhere close to what your doing, advising that i will be charging for designing is probably my next step and advising them of the print size, i do the mockups every time now front and back, that and constantly tell the customer its about what they want not what i think will look best if they tell me to choose as if they get it and say oh i preferred the other way theyre kinda stuffed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and thanks :)