Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. HELP!!!! - Problem with WoW 7.7
    By Gygafo in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 25-08-2015, 05:55 PM
  2. mug problem
    By guarddog14 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-11-2013, 01:16 AM
  3. Large format Initial Ink Fill
    By JMugs in forum Printers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-09-2013, 03:07 PM
  4. Is there a problem with my mug press?
    By cupsforcops in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-06-2013, 09:17 AM
  5. last problem .... i hope
    By Lornem in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gradient fill problem

Hi Guys. this is my first post so excuse me if i mess up or am impolite.

I have searched the forums for not much success. I am having a problem with gradient filling a rectangle from blue to white. It doesn't matter what I do i get a purple section before the white. Any ideas of how to get rid of this. it prints worse than it looks on the screen and my customer wont approve them. I have attached a pdf of the file as I was unable to upload a cdr file. Any Ideas???

best badge yet gel cc on.pdf

cheers
    Brett

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi brett. Welcome on forum. I can not see the problem on your design. Can you post photo of printed mug???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Brett

Are you working in CMYK or Pantone?

Screen representation of blues are known to be different from what is printed due to the screen being RGB and presumably uncalibrated.

Personally I would try selecting a pantone colour that closely represents the colour you are trying to achieve. Draw a vertical rectangle with a 100% fill of that colour. Then where you want the gradual blend to finish copy and paste the same rectangle but this time give it a fill of 0% of the same pantone colour. Then use the blend tool to make 100 steps blending from the solid box to the white one. As they are both the same pantone colour Corel should give each box a percentage fill of the same pantone and hence you will not get RGB mixes confusing matters. Have a look at the attached which probably explains it better.

Graphic1.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thoughts are that it is a gamut/profile limitation type problem. What printer/ inks/ profile are you using?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys. I am working in RGB as I was told i needed to do this for sublimation. Printer is a ricoh 3300 with a custom profile from paul. The colours are excellent on their own but when I do a gradient the blue changes to purple. In the pdf attached the purple starts about the W in wellers hill. i just want it to continue to fade the blue to lighter rather than the purple. I know the screen will show a bit off in colour but the print is purple as well. will try interactive blend trick and see how we go

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentlee View Post
    Thanks Guys. I am working in RGB as I was told i needed to do this for sublimation. Printer is a ricoh 3300 with a custom profile from paul. The colours are excellent on their own but when I do a gradient the blue changes to purple. In the pdf attached the purple starts about the W in wellers hill. i just want it to continue to fade the blue to lighter rather than the purple. I know the screen will show a bit off in colour but the print is purple as well. will try interactive blend trick and see how we go
    I would suggest you open the file in say Word or Paint or even just right hand click on the file and select print. When you do this, print to PowerDriver (this is a free download from Sawgrass here - http://www.sawgrasseurope.com/techni...s-icc-profiles and support files here - http://www.sawgrasseurope.com/techni...port-documents). This then uses an alternative colour management process and should help you determine if the problem is profile related.

Another thought - the purple is on the print but you do not mention if this is before or after you have pressed the item. It will change when you press it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentlee View Post
    I would say this is related with colour gamut. can you send me your icc please and i will have a look how big it is.

PAul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    I would suggest you open the file in say Word or Paint or even just right hand click on the file and select print. When you do this, print to PowerDriver (this is a free download from Sawgrass here - http://www.sawgrasseurope.com/techni...s-icc-profiles and support files here - http://www.sawgrasseurope.com/techni...port-documents). This then uses an alternative colour management process and should help you determine if the problem is profile related.
    I thought that PowerDriver was just a more user friendly piece of software for selecting the appropriate ICCs. Although, if using a custom profile currently, using PowerDriver would show the difference between Sawgrass' ICC and the custom one.
    Although if using a custom ICC is he then using an alternative ink to Sawgrass?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    if using a custom profile currently, using PowerDriver would show the difference between Sawgrass' ICC and the custom one.
    Yes that's what I was saying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys, I have no idea of what a gamut is so feel free to explain. The blues all print as blues if i do block colour, it is just the gradient fade the purple creeps in. Almost like corel shifts the colour to purple before going to white. but not knowing the ins and outs I dont know.
    The blend trick from social giraffe did the trick. i was then able to shrink that and put it in the left of the badge template and prints like a charm.
    Paul i will send you a PM