Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Fruit of the Loom - Screen Stars
    By edwardsmedia in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-11-2014, 11:09 PM
  2. Childrens Coloured Hi Vis Vests
    By Jason in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-04-2014, 07:34 PM
  3. childrens hi viz
    By arthur.daley in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-03-2014, 07:57 PM
  4. Flock on Fruits of the loom polo
    By Mugdesigns4u in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 11:20 PM
  5. Need 200 Childrens Caps Embroidered
    By Stitch Up in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 05:35 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

childrens sizes fruit of the loom inaccurate?

Hi

I recently did a number of tshirts for a taekwondo class all kids sizes, one of which was a 14-15, the parents of the child with the 14-15 have asked to have it re-rinted as it was far too big.

The child is 14 years old and is of average height and weight for that age from what i have been told.

However I have tried on the 14-15 t shirt and it fits me , im 27 6 foot tall and 14 stone 8 there's no way that can be accurately sized is there?

My next question is has anyone else had this problem with there sizing as i dont think it fair to charge the customer again but it is eating into any profit I have made.

Thanks

Tony

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right it is not fair to charge the customer again and Unfortunately I think in the interest of the customer you are going to have to reprint this for them FOC and then if you really want to take it up with your supplier.

I have had some issues with sizing depending on where the supply comes from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted a thread a few weeks back, had the same problem with ladies fit polos for a hen do, had to purchase 10 new polos for them this time in men's sizes as the ladies ones were tiny. Nobody's fault but I took the hit and lost my profit margin, but I had 20 potential happy new customers so only takes one re order and all will be worth it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the fruit of the loom sizes are rubbish for kids great for men! The best thing to do is have a mixture of sizes of different suppliers as samples and compare or even go to asda etc to get sizes wont cost too much aswell then compare. I think for some of us who have younger kids can guess the size looking at tshirts so makes it a little easier. The other thing is you can take measurements. Then you can forward these on and ask the customer to measure to check. Everyone's got a tape measure so instead of the problems after printing a little work on your part and customer makes it easier and less hassle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if the price of one t shirt is eating into the profit you made on the job to the extent you are mentioning it - you may well need to reconsider your pricing !! when i take orders for childs clothing i always put the companies sizing on a document that i take to the club so that parents can see the sizes they are ordering, i may also put a comment like "please check sizing before ordering" its all a steep learning curve, and a lesson learnt for future orders
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah the problem is i was doing the receiving the order through someone else who goes to the class, they provided me a list of sizes so i ordered shirts in the sizes closest, i did tell them that any more will have to be selected from a list of sizes that i provide and that once printed i wont do any reprints for free if the wrong size was selected.
    It ate into my profits because it was vinyl text on the back 2 badges on the front (transfer printed) and name in vinyl on the front aswell pic attached. taekwono shirts.jpg I charged £10 per t shirt which i thought was reasonable but probably could have got away with £12 i kept to 10 because i could have 13 to do for the same class and my uncle is the instructor. Thanks for the advice though, im just starting out so be gentle lol
    Last edited by soulclaimed; 28-05-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you did a really good job! Pics look great!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks very kind of you to say :)