Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 7100 - using cut paper
    By arthur.daley in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-05-2015, 03:50 PM
  2. Ricoh 3110 Light Print issue
    By Justin in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-10-2014, 09:18 PM
  3. Ricoh SG3110DN colour issue
    By Mattie in forum Printers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 13-05-2014, 10:52 AM
  4. Ricoh SG 7100 Sawgrass registration problems. Help????
    By Steve S in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 10:02 PM
  5. Ricoh 7100 - Mac Install
    By Justin in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-07-2013, 06:27 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Ricoh 7100 - Banding Issue

Not spoken to my supplier yet as I wanted to quickly ask on the forum first.

Printer has been working fine, not used for a couple of days but left switched on anyway. Came to print last night and getting lines/banding across the print. Been through usual checks and adjusted heads as a couple of settings were out. I'm happy everything's as it should be with alignments etc.

The only that has changed since I last printed ok......I had a message appear when I tried to print last night that the Beta version of Powerdriver had expired and that i should download the latest version. I removed the current version and installed the latest download. All appears to have worked ok but I'm wondering if this could have disturbed something?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Not spoken to my supplier yet as I wanted to quickly ask on the forum first.

Printer has been working fine, not used for a couple of days but left switched on anyway. Came to print last night and getting lines/banding across the print. Been through usual checks and adjusted heads as a couple of settings were out. I'm happy everything's as it should be with alignments etc.

The only that has changed since I last printed ok......I had a message appear when I tried to print last night that the Beta version of Powerdriver had expired and that i should download the latest version. I removed the current version and installed the latest download. All appears to have worked ok but I'm wondering if this could have disturbed something?
    Try printing the same image via the Ricoh driver and also via PowerDriver. If the banding is there on both prints then PowerDriver isn't the problem. Let us know how you get on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Will have another look when I'm in the office tomorrow, many thanks Martin.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Come back to the printer tonight having left it on. Sent print and it did a maintenance routine. Print is already far better but fine lines still visible. Tried printing both ways Martin but still looks the same so I assume it's the actual printer. Supplier is asking for pics to send to Sawgrass but the issue is so subtle it may not scan/photo...I'll see what i can do.

Checked nozzles/heads etc. again and all appear spot on.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justin - has this been sorted for you ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same issue but only when printing in A3+. I couldn't get A3+ to work properly with Powerdriver as it left a huge margin down one side. I've been using the icc profile instead - this solves the margin issue but introduced banding. Heads all clean and only thing I found that fixed it was to turn on "Unidirectional printing" in Printer Preferences. Apart from a few wasted sheets where I've forgotten to mirror or change Photoshop color management settings when switching from Powerdriver to icc this seems to work ok for me.
    Discofish Designs Ltd. |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawgrass View Post
    Justin - has this been sorted for you ?
    Not yet. Supplier is on the case but I have to do the print outs etc. I'm going to post them rather than photo/scan as I doubt the problem will show particularly well as it's so subtle. Very annoying as I'm back with my trusty Epson for the time being but hopefully I'll get it sorted asap.

It's just finding time to get everything in the post now....precious minutes! lol.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Not yet. Supplier is on the case but I have to do the print outs etc. I'm going to post them rather than photo/scan as I doubt the problem will show particularly well as it's so subtle. Very annoying as I'm back with my trusty Epson for the time being but hopefully I'll get it sorted asap.

It's just finding time to get everything in the post now....precious minutes! lol.
    If they can't sort it, why not give our Tech people a call in Sheffield?